Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"[@Brass Beau":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4931884#post_4931884

)

In the end though, it'd depend on who's writing it, really. If it were Meghan McCarthy writing it, I'd give her at least an 80% chance of winning... unless she liked Cadance enough to let her win/contribute enough to win, which I think she does like her as a character, since she had a decent showing in episodes she wrote/the Movie.

(I don't think we ever got a concrete answer for shields blocking mind control)

"

[
@Terminal Red":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4931885#post_4931885

)

You're probably right, she likely did make up that plan on the spot after transforming, for the reasons you said.

"

[
@Vivace":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4931977#post_4931977

)

EQG's lore was... always kinda lacking, between the Memory Stone being the only Equestrian magical artifact to get an explanation for how it got there, and the things like "some of the Storm King's stolen magic leaked into that world" (for something apropos to Spring Breakdown). It would be one thing if the alternate portal we saw was in Canterlot or something, where the storm was (which granted, they mentioned the possibility of there being even more), but it seemed to be in the Everfree or some other wooded area close to Ponyville.

"

Generally you probably get more out of Equestria Girls if you're invested in the characters over lore and such, which there isn't anything wrong with, mind you.

[
@Sadrai":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4932266#post_4932266

)

Amusingly, Starlight actually pulled a Boast Busters/Snips in To Change a Changeling, if you think about it, with the "lure Maulwurf so Pharynx can defeat it" plan being _*very_* similar to what Snips' plan was all the way back in S1, they just went wrong in different ways.

...Trixie didn't pick up on that being eerily similar because she admits she never learned from history in multiple episodes (that writer for A Horse Shoe-In, for having written only _*that_* episode in the series, really _*nailed_* the characters, between Big Mac, Trixie, Starlight, Spoiled Rich, and so on).

[bq]

>
Trixie: So you messed up. Big deal. [hushed] Don't you ever tell another pony I said this, but even Trixie's made mistakes. [giggles] I know! The trick is to just move on and pretend they never happened.[/bq]

[bq]

>
Trixie: In the Pre-Equestia Era, year thirteen twenty-two, Abraxius the Bold did... [muttering] ...ooh, a bunch of boring stuff... [muttering] ...for a really long time. Okay, I know history is important, but I never learned any of it, and look how I turned out.[/bq]
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@Brass Beau":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4931884#post_4931884

In the end though, it'd depend on who's writing it, really. If it were Meghan McCarthy writing it, I'd give her at least an 80% chance of winning... unless she liked Cadance enough to let her win/contribute enough to win, which I think she does like her as a character, since she had a decent showing in episodes she wrote/the Movie.

"@Terminal Red":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4931885#post_4931885

You're probably right, she likely did make up that plan on the spot after transforming, for the reasons you said.

"@Vivace":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4931977#post_4931977

EQG's lore was... always kinda lacking, between the Memory Stone being the only Equestrian magical artifact to get an explanation for how it got there, and the things like "some of the Storm King's stolen magic leaked into that world." (for something apropos to Spring Breakdown). It would be one thing if the alternate portal we saw was in Canterlot or something, where the storm was (which granted, they mentioned the possibility of there being even more), but it seemed to be in the Everfree or some other wooded area close to Ponyville.

"@Sadrai":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4932266#post_4932266

Amusingly, Starlight actually pulled a Boast Busters/Snips in To Change a Changeling, if you think about it, with the "lure Maulwurf so Pharynx can defeat it" plan being _very_ similar to what Snips' plan was all the way back in S1, they just went wrong in different ways.

...Trixie didn't pick up on that being eerily similar because she admits she never learned from history in multiple episodes (that writer for A Horse Shoe-In, for having written only _that_ episode in the series, really _nailed_ the characters, between Big Mac, Trixie, Starlight, Spoiled Rich, and so on).

[bq]Trixie: So you messed up. Big deal. [hushed] Don't you ever tell another pony I said this, but even Trixie's made mistakes. [giggles] I know! The trick is to just move on and pretend they never happened.[/bq]

[bq]Trixie: In the Pre-Equestia Era, year thirteen twenty-two, Abraxius the Bold did... [muttering] ...ooh, a bunch of boring stuff... [muttering] ...for a really long time. Okay, I know history is important, but I never learned any of it, and look how I turned out.[/bq]
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@Brass Beau":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4931884#post_4931884

"@Terminal Red":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4931885#post_4931885

"@Vivace":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4931977#post_4931977

EQG's lore was... always kinda lacking, between the Memory Stone being the only Equestrian magical artifact to get an explanation for how it got there, and the things like "some of the Storm King's stolen magic leaked into that world." It would be one thing if the alternate portal we saw was in Canterlot or something, where the storm was (which granted, they mentioned the possibility of there being even more), but it seemed to be in the Everfree or some other wooded area close to Ponyville.

"@Sadrai":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4932266#post_4932266

Amusingly, Starlight actually pulled a Boast Busters/Snips in To Change a Changeling, if you think about it, with the "lure Maulwurf so Pharynx can defeat it" plan being _very_ similar to what Snips' plan was all the way back in S1, they just went wrong in different ways.

...Trixie didn't pick up on that being eerily similar because she admits she never learned from history in multiple episodes (that writer for A Horse Shoe-In, for having written only _that_ episode in the series, really _nailed_ the characters, between Big Mac, Trixie, Starlight, Spoiled Rich, and so on).

[bq]Trixie: So you messed up. Big deal. [hushed] Don't you ever tell another pony I said this, but even Trixie's made mistakes. [giggles] I know! The trick is to just move on and pretend they never happened.[/bq]

[bq]Trixie: In the Pre-Equestia Era, year thirteen twenty-two, Abraxius the Bold did... [muttering] ...ooh, a bunch of boring stuff... [muttering] ...for a really long time. Okay, I know history is important, but I never learned any of it, and look how I turned out.[/bq]
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

EQG's lore was... always kinda lacking, between the Memory Stone being the only Equestrian magical artifact to get an explanation for how it got there, and the things like "some of the Storm King's stolen magic leaked into that world." It would be one thing if the alternate portal we saw was in Canterlot or something, where the storm was (which granted, they mentioned the possibility of there being even more), but it seemed to be in the Everfree or some other wooded area close to Ponyville.

...Trixie didn't pick up on that being eerily similar because she admits she never learned from history in multiple episodes (that writer for A Horse Shoe-In, for having written only _that_ episode in the series, really _nailed_ the characters).

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

...Trixie didn't pick up on that being eerily similar because she admits she never learned from history in multiple episodes (that writer for A Horse Shoe-In, for only having written onely _that_ episode in the series, really _nailed_ the characters).
No reason given
Edited by AC97