Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"[@gingerninja666":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4907184#post_4907184

)

It would've been harder for Starlight to _*not_* feel like Twilight was being the enemy at that point, honestly, the way the latter handled it.

Starlight was being like "_*please_*, don't do this, it won't be healthy, I've been there, be better than that."

And if Chrysalis had any hidden vulnerabilities, underlying reasons to act that way, it's not like she ever showed them to anyone, and she'd just double down instead.

It doesn't help that when you give her personality thought, by say, asking those who've been around her, or examine her MO (for the in-universe sense on both counts), it's obvious she's more sadistic than being Queen could make reasonable, and her supposed altruistic motives comes into serious question when she drops her former subjects like a hot potato.

Discord, for example, saved the worst of his villainous actions for those who declared themselves his enemies, even if he was still on the mean-spirited side, whereas Chrysalis finds enjoyment in terrorizing and enslaving civilians, per her own words, so she's ultimately not that much different from Sombra in morals, who died twice.

[bq]

>
This day has been just perfect

>
The kind of day of which I've dreamed since I was small

>
Everypony I'll soon control

>
Every stallion, mare, and foal

>
Who says a girl can't really have it all? [evil laugh][/bq]

[bq]

> *
*Queen Chrysalis**: You know what's stronger than friendship, Twilight? Fear![/bq]

I'll note that Discord was also Celestia's (questionable) idea basically, and that I'm not sure it would've ever happened if it were up to Twilight, and that Starlight was stopped by being talked down, events probably would've happened differently if Cutie Map were the end of it.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@gingerninja666":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4907184#post_4907184

It would've been harder for Starlight to _not_ feel like Twilight was being the enemy at that point, honestly.

Starlight was being like "_please_, don't do this, it won't be healthy, I've been there, be better than that."

And if Chrysalis had any hidden vulnerabilities, underlying reasons to act that way, it's not like she ever showed them to anyone, and she'd just double down instead.

It doesn't help that when you give her personality thought, by say, asking those who've been around her, or examine her MO (for the in-universe sense on both counts), it's obvious she's more sadistic than being Queen could make reasonable, and her supposed altruistic motives comes into serious question when she drops her former subjects like a hot potato.

Discord, for example, saved the worst of his villainous actions for those who declared themselves his enemies, even if he was still on the mean-spirited side, whereas Chrysalis finds enjoyment in terrorizing and enslaving civilians, per her own words, so she's ultimately not that much different from Sombra in morals, who died twice.

[bq]This day has been just perfect
The kind of day of which I've dreamed since I was small
Everypony I'll soon control
Every stallion, mare, and foal
Who says a girl can't really have it all? [evil laugh][/bq]

[bq]
*Queen Chrysalis*: You know what's stronger than friendship, Twilight? Fear![/bq]

I'll note that Discord was also Celestia's (questionable) idea basically, and that I'm not sure it would've ever happened if it were up to Twilight, and that Starlight was stopped by being talked down, events probably would've happened differently if Cutie Map were the end of it.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@gingerninja666":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4907184#post_4907184

It would've been harder for Starlight to _not_ feel like Twilight was being the enemy at that point, honestly.

Starlight was being like "_please_, don't do this, it won't be healthy, I've been there, be better than that."

[bq]*Queen Chrysalis*: You know what's stronger than friendship, Twilight? Fear![/bq]

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Discord, for example, saved the worst of his villainous actions for those who declared themselves his enemies, even if he was still on the mean-spirited side, whereas Chrysalis finds enjoyment in terrorizing and enslaving civilians, per her own words, so she's ultimately not that much different from Sombra in morals.

No reason given
Edited by AC97