Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"[@Brass Beau":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4906936#post_4906936

)

I'm not sure it would be similar though, since Thorax was convinced there was good in Pharynx... while Chrysalis didn't really show that to anyone, and kinda tried to kill him in cold blood.

Either way, it's more nebulous than I'd like, that it's up for interpretation. It would probably add a bit of depth to him, having an answer one way or the other.

-

~~
he's not the _*most_* interesting character-

"
~~

[
@Background Pony #7CFD":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4907156#post_4907156

)

You're ignoring how Scorpan tried to talk Tirek down in the backstory, so he didn't care about his own brother wanting him to stop. What hope did any of them have, if familial love wasn't enough?

It's also not really "weaker," if she briefly considered it, whereas Starlight didn't at that point, is it?

I think Starlight arguably did a better job of trying to invoke empathy on Chrysalis than Twilight with Starlight initially, considering the latter case just involved Twilight relating to her regarding studying magic, and then bringing things up that had basically no weight to her, like how differences made her, the one who just deposed her, the pony she is.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"@Brass Beau":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4906936#post_4906936

I'm not sure it would be similar though, since Thorax was convinced there was good in Pharynx... while Chrysalis didn't really show that to anyone, and kinda tried to kill him in cold blood.

Either way, it's more nebulous than I'd like, that it's up for interpretation. It would probably add a bit of depth to him, having an answer one way or the other.

-he's not the _most_ interesting character-

"@Background Pony #7CFD":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4907156#post_4907156

You're ignoring how Scorpan tried to talk Tirek down in the backstory, so he didn't care about his own brother wanting him to stop. That was like, one of the first things established about him. What hope did any of them have, if familial love wasn't enough?

It's also not really "weaker," if she briefly considered it, whereas Starlight didn't at that point, is it?

I think Starlight arguably did a better job of trying to invoke empathy on Chrysalis than Twilight with Starlight, considering the latter case just involved Twilight relating to her regarding studying magic, and then bringing things up that had basically no weight to her, like how differences made her, the one who just deposed her, the pony she is.
No reason given
Edited by AC97