Viewing last 25 versions of post by gingerninja666 in topic Unpopular opinion time

gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
"[@Background Pony #7CFD":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4855525#post_4855525

)

Discord reversed, and then Twilight only went to bat for him when he expressed regret over doing it. He had to show her some sincerity.

Starlight was motivated by things that Twilight could understand. Starlight didn't think she was hurting anyone beyond those who immediately wronged her, so bringing up that her revenge plan would destroy the world makes sense. She also knew that Starlight's village was sincerely important to her (hence why she was out for revenge), and sheTwi opened up the floor to let Starlight explain why she built it. Starlight then toldgave her backstory. Every step of the way Starlight gave Twilight something she could use, and it painted the picture for Twilight of a pony who was motivated by various types of pain. We can argue how valid Starlight's pain was, but it was still soa meothingve Twilight could usework with, and Starlight was willing to give that information.

Cozy never did this. Even when given the chance, she never lets slip any type of vulnerability. And unlike Discord, she didn't respond at all to people being kind to her.

I don't even disagree with the idea that the whole thing could've been written much more gracefully, but I don't think it's out of character for Twilight.
No reason given
Edited by gingerninja666
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare
"@Background Pony #7CFD":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4855525#post_4855525

Discord reversed, and then Twilight only went to bat for him when he expressed regret over doing it. He had to show her some sincerity.

Starlight was motivated by things that Twilight could understand. Starlight didn't think she was hurting anyone beyond those who immediately wronged her, so bringing up that her revenge plan would destroy the world makes sense. She also knew that Starlight's village was sincerely important to her (hence why she was out for revenge), and she opened up the floor to let Starlight explain why she built it. Starlight then told her backstory. Every step of the way Starlight gave Twilight something she could use, and it painted the picture for Twilight of a pony who was motivated by various types of pain. We can argue how valid Starlight's pain was, but it was still something Twilight could use, and Starlight was willing to give that information.

Cozy never did this. Even when given the chance, she never lets slip any type of vulnerability. And unlike Discord, she didn't respond at all to people being kind to her.

I don't even disagree with the idea that the whole thing could've been written much more gracefully, but I don't think it's out of character for Twilight.
No reason given
Edited by gingerninja666
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare
"@Background Pony #7CFD":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4855525#post_4855525

Starlight was motivated by things that Twilight could understand. Starlight didn't think she was hurting anyone beyond those who wronged, so bringing up that her revenge plan would destroy the world makes sense. She also knew that Starlight's village was sincerely important to her (hence why she was out for revenge), and she opened up the floor to let Starlight explain why she built it. Starlight then told her backstory. Every step of the way Starlight gave Twilight something she could use, and it painted the picture for Twilight of a pony who was motivated by various types of pain. We can argue how valid Starlight's pain was, but it was still something Twilight could use, and Starlight was willing to give that information.

No reason given
Edited by gingerninja666
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare

Starlight was motivated by things that Twilight could understand. Starlight didn'thought thatink she wasn't hurting anyone beyond mathosse who wronged, so bringing up that her revenge plan would destroy the world makes sense. She knew that Starlight's village was sincerely important to her (hence why she was out for revenge), and she opened up the floor to let Starlight explain why she built it. Starlight then told her backstory. Every step of the way Starlight gave Twilight something she could use, and it painted the picture for Twilight of a pony who was motivated by various types of pain. We can argue how valid Starlight's pain was, but it was still something Twilight could use, and Starlight was willing to give that information.

No reason given
Edited by gingerninja666