Viewing last 25 versions of post by DanielTepesKraus in topic Unpopular opinion time

DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
"[@rdibp":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4840828#post_4840828
)  
i just don't like how the main characters seem to know who is irredeemable or not based on factors they couldn't possibly know, and then use that to decide who they'll reform or not. they've never used actual judgement to make the decision, they've never had faith in someone who it turns out was irredeemable and been bitten in the ass for trusting them, and they've never thrown someone to the wolves for being beyond redemption and then realized they fucked up and damned a good-at-heart person. i get that it's a kid's show and you're not supposed to think too hard about it, but it creates a moral luck kind of scenario that makes the main characters look like self-serving bad people.

it'd just be cool if they explored it a little deeper, is all. for a show with the tagline "friendship is magic", they've actually _*very_* barely touched on the actual nuances of relationships and friendships between people, how those emotions can change people for the better or worse, or drive them to make bad decisions, in any realistic capacity.

though i will say i honestly don't count cozy's second attack. remember that she was pulled out of jail, told "follow my orders or else i'll kill you" by a villain, then learned said villain was one of the "good guys" using her as a disposable pawn to make his friends look better. are we _*really_* blaming her for sticking the attack after learning that? seems like a pretty reasonable reaction. what were her options? go back to jail indefinitely to be forgotten about in a tiny cage? hope the guy who threatened to kill her doesn't kill her? run and hope the people with absolute authority over the entire nation who have the reality-warper and magic problem-finding table and princess who can get you in your dreams don't find her and kill her or put her back in prison indefinitely to rot in a tiny cage?
No reason given
Edited by DanielTepesKraus