Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"[@GenericArchangel":](/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4628813#post_4628813

)

Grogar, Discord impersonation or not, wasn't gonna be _*the_* villain. The Summer Sun Setback with its ending "[kinda brutalized":](https://youtu.be/fKmLAdm9cC4) the odds of that one, continuing the path Frenemies set. The only episodes in the season which seemingly set him up as being the main villain was the premiere two-parter, which was immediately undermined in future episodes, between his lackluster amounts of onscreen villainous behavior (only _*shown_*... being rough with villains, and putting a hole in a wall) and the backstabbing plot against him.

[bq]

> *
*Queen Chrysalis**: It's been weeks, and Grogar's done nothing! It's not healthy to hold on to all of this _*rage_*! I could lash out at any moment.[/bq]

If anything, it would've been more insulting to have the real Grogar have a fatal flaw that would be far better suited for Discord. (failing spot-checks when things go off the rails in a master plan, overconfidence)
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@GenericArchangel":/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4628813#post_4628813

Grogar, Discord impersonation or not, wasn't gonna be _the_ villain. The Summer Sun Setback with its ending "kinda brutalized":https://youtu.be/fKmLAdm9cC4 the odds of that one, continuing the path Frenemies set. The only episodes in the season which seemingly set him up as being the main villain was the premiere two-parter, which was immediately undermined in future episodes, between his lackluster amounts of onscreen villainous behavior (only _shown_... being rough with villains, and putting a hole in a wall) and the backstabbing plot against him.

[bq]*Queen Chrysalis*: It's been weeks, and Grogar's done nothing! It's not healthy to hold on to all of this _rage_! I could lash out at any moment.[/bq]

If anything, it would've been more insulting to have the real Grogar have a fatal flaw that would be far better suited for Discord.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@GenericArchangel":/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4628813#post_4628813

Grogar, Discord impersonation or not, wasn't gonna be _the_ villain. The Summer Sun Setback with its ending "kinda brutalized":https://youtu.be/fKmLAdm9cC4 the odds of that one, continuing the path Frenemies set. The only episodes in the season which seemingly set him up as being the main villain was the premiere, which was immediately undermined in future episodes, between his lackluster amounts of onscreen villainous behavior (only _shown_... being rough with villains, and putting a hole in a wall) and the backstabbing plot against him.

[bq]*Queen Chrysalis*: It's been weeks, and Grogar's done nothing! It's not healthy to hold on to all of this _rage_! I could lash out at any moment.[/bq]

If anything, it would've been more insulting to have the real Grogar have a fatal flaw that would be far better suited for Discord.
No reason given
Edited by AC97