Viewing last 25 versions of post by CronoM in topic Unpopular opinion time

CronoM

"[@Background Pony #2394":](/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4622070#post_4622070
)  
I always found it odd that Starlight was sometimes a Twilight fangirl. As a villain she realized she took things too far but AS a villain she was always Twilight's mental and clever-wise superior, as Twilight was always so predictable to villain Starlight. Maybe its because Twilight allowed her to reform with no repercussions at all, but that's a little odd since that thing seemed to bother her when she went back to her village.

I honestly thought that when she was reformed she would try to engage Twilight more about the things she saw in pony society that she still saw a problematic. Remember about how that Rodeo Clown horse was miserable for most of his life? That kind of angle.

To be completely frank, if someone introduced me to villain Starlight and asked me to give her an estimated mental age, and if in another timeline someone introduced me to reformed Starlight and asked me to giver her an estimated mental age, my guesses would be WAY different.

"

[
@Background Pony #2394":](/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4622094#post_4622094
)  
Are you talking about Sunset? According to Celestia, when she met Sunset, she came across as a compassionate and sincere pony, and talented beyond measure. And she was for quite some time growing up. But as she taught Sunset more and more exclusively and she approached her teens, Sunset got an ambition complex from all that attention and the two, neither mature enough to see the others side, had a falling out, and Sunset in her young foolishness took an opportunity and a secret guide to become an alicorn via the portal, (Again, stuff we'll never find out about Celestia and Luna now that the series is over), and decided to go over to the human world. And Celestia, who thought to herself that if she could lose Luna, she could survive losing Sunset, didn't go afterward.

While its unclear whether she's been working at a sushi shop and a low rent apartment since her early teens, Flash did confirm in the 4th movie that in her early years of High School when she was still trying to figure things out, she was awkward and troubled a lot, and Flash often gave her a lot of attention anduring thev timen he became her boyfriend. However after she felt she got things figured out she started bullying others, believing from that complex of hers that she could be just as powerful as Celestia once the time was right, and to suit her ego and needs she bullied her way to the top of the food chain.

"

[
@WyrmSpawN":](/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4622168#post_4622168
)  
Exactly. None of those moments are even remotely Machiavellian-villain Starlight style, and the second one wasn't exactly a shining moment in Starlight's cleverness.
No reason given
Edited by CronoM
CronoM

"@Background Pony #2394":/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4622070#post_4622070
I always found it odd that Starlight was sometimes a Twilight fangirl. As a villain she realized she took things too far but AS a villain she was always Twilight's mental and clever-wise superior, as Twilight was always so predictable to villain Starlight. Maybe its because Twilight allowed her to reform with no repercussions at all, but that's a little odd since that thing seemed to bother her when she went back to her village.

I honestly thought that when she was reformed she would try to engage Twilight more about the things she saw in pony society that she still saw a problematic. Remember about how that Rodeo Clown horse was miserable for most of his life? That kind of angle.

To be completely frank, if someone introduced me to villain Starlight and asked me to give her an estimated mental age, and if in another timeline someone introduced me to reformed Starlight and asked me to giver her an estimated mental age, my guesses would be WAY different.

"@Background Pony #2394":/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4622094#post_4622094
Are you talking about Sunset? According to Celestia, when she met Sunset, she came across as a compassionate and sincere pony, and talented beyond measure. And she was for quite some time. But as she taught Sunset more and more exclusively, Sunset got an ambition complex from all that attention and the two, neither mature enough to see the others side, had a falling out, and she took an opportunity and a secret guide to become an alicorn via the portal, (Again, stuff we'll never find out about Celestia and Luna now that the series is over), and decided to go over to the human world. And Celestia, who thought to herself that if she could lose Luna, she could survive losing Sunset, didn't go afterward.

While its unclear whether she's been working at a sushi shop and a low rent apartment since her early teens, Flash did confirm in the 4th movie that in her early years of High School when she was still trying to figure things out, she was awkward and troubled a lot, and Flash often gave her a lot of attention and even became her boyfriend. However after she felt she got things figured out she started bullying others, believing from that complex of hers that she could be just as powerful as Celestia once the time was right, and to suit her ego and needs she bullied her way to the top of the food chain.

"@WyrmSpawN":/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4622168#post_4622168
Exactly. None of those moments are even remotely Machiavellian-villain Starlight style, and the second one wasn't exactly a shining moment in Starlight's cleverness.
No reason given
Edited by CronoM