Viewing last 25 versions of post by Badumsquish in topic Unpopular opinion time

Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
"[@Background Pony #624A":](/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4445620#post_4445620
)  
Because yeah, they basically WERE a bunch of rotten vegetables who started shouting the second she stepped onto stage. Then she called them out on it, and Rainbow Dash GETS UP ON STAGE and demands "So, 'Great and Powerful Trixie'. What makes you think you're so awesome, anyway?" If I booed David Copperfield, he demanded to know why, and I got up on stage to insult him, I'd probably be hauled off by security before he even got the chance to humiliate my arrogant stupid ass while the whole audience booed me XD

The real problem is that "You are 100% responsible for any and all wrongdoing despite outside factors and deserve severe retribution for it" mentality does not mesh at all with any other event in the series (not even with the other wrongdoing in that same episode). By that logic, even IF Starlight's backstory was sympathetic, she deserved to be shot in the face with a AK-47 :P

All of that aside, though, my real issue is all she did (be arrogant and tell a lie) wasn't nearly as bad as the heckling and harassing at the show, or what Snips and Snails did, and CERTAINLY wasn't deserving of getting her home destroyed for it, while everyone else got off scot-free and rewarded, respectively. Getting exposed as a fraud was more than punishment enough for Trixie, while the rest of the stuff should have happened to the others. Like I said before, the first time I watched that I went in blind (that was my first-ever exposure to Trixie) and I was genuinely surprised at how it ended with her taking all the punishment while all the other stuff got a free pass :P

"

[
@Latecomer":](/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4445633#post_4445633
)  
That might of actually worked against him. Having a celebrity guest-star as the voice of a character probably made it harder to bring him back. I've even heard that's the reason they've not given Tempest Shadow any voiced reprise :P

And the problem is that the harsh retribution she took MAKES her seem blameless. I doubt anyone would have sympathized with her being a jerk if she didn't get such harsh retaliation that made you feel bad for her instead :P
No reason given
Edited by Badumsquish
Badumsquish
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

"@Background Pony #624A":/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4445620#post_4445620
Because yeah, they basically WERE a bunch of rotten vegetables who started shouting the second she stepped onto stage. Then she called them out on it, and Rainbow Dash GETS UP ON STAGE and demands "So, 'Great and Powerful Trixie'. What makes you think you're so awesome, anyway?" If I booed David Copperfield, he demanded to know why, and I got up on stage to insult him, I'd probably be hauled off by security before he even got the chance to humiliate my arrogant stupid ass while the whole audience booed me XD

The real problem is that "You are 100% responsible for any and all wrongdoing despite outside factors and deserve severe retribution for it" mentality does not mesh at all with any other event in the series (not even with the other wrongdoing in that same episode). By that logic, even IF Starlight's backstory was sympathetic, she deserved to be shot in the face with a AK-47 :P

All of that aside, though, my real issue is all she did (be arrogant and tell a lie) wasn't nearly as bad as the heckling and harassing at the show, or what Snips and Snails did, and CERTAINLY wasn't deserving of getting her home destroyed for it, while everyone else got off scot-free and rewarded, respectively. Getting exposed as a fraud was more than punishment enough for Trixie, while the rest of the stuff should have happened to the others. Like I said before, the first time I watched that I went in blind (that was my first-ever exposure to Trixie) and I was genuinely surprised at how it ended with her taking all the punishment while all the other stuff got a free pass :P

"@Latecomer":/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4445633#post_4445633
That might of actually worked against him. Having a celebrity guest-star as the voice of a character probably made it harder to bring him back. I've even heard that's the reason they've not given Tempest Shadow any voiced reprise :P
No reason given
Edited by Badumsquish
Badumsquish

"@Background Pony #624A":/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4445620#post_4445620

No reason given
Edited by Badumsquish