Thoughts on Pony Life so far?

Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
My only issue is the rapid fire gags. Princess Probs would be more coherent if they’d just slow down. Best of the Worst was paced alot better,so I’m optimistic.
IceKitsune
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Pre-G4 Art Archivist
I honestly thought it was ok. It’s not amazing or anything but it is far from the worst thing I’ve seen, heck it isn’t even the worst thing to come out of MLP as a franchise. Its something that will hold me over until G5 hits.
Algebroot Neogears
Artist -
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Sci-fi & Dragons
The entire Mane Six being given wackier personalities actually isn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

I thought doing so would cause the cartoon to become monotonous. It didn’t.
windburst

Well, it sure was something… I’ll keep watching it because I’m that thirsty for new MLP content but it was… special

Princess Probz was just bad. Besides some animation errors like twilight’s wings dissapearing and rainbow’s tail vanishing, it was also annoying how pinkie is suddenly a bad cook even though that’s her whole thing. Kinda happy that they brought back lessons in the show though, as in let your frinds do what they want to do and trust them  
3/10 end though since it was still a mess

Best of the worst however was quite decent. Was funny and enjoyable and definatly something rainbow dash would do even in FIM. 6/10

Overall it’s weird how certain stuff just happens. Random potions that transform you into other ponies, fluttershy being able to shrink and grow at will, all without explaining. another tiny annoyance is the toning down of the cutie mark, but I suppose considering the art style, they couldn’t keep the normal ones.

Hoping the rest of the episodes are at least best of the worst quality
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
It’s a pile of shit. I gave it a chance and thought it might be okay, but those first two episodes SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I was trolling someone with bad grammar on DeviantArt. He posted a crude Top Cat character holding up a sign reading: “cancel pony life”  
The description read,“is bad dont watch it”  
I mimicked his poor grammar and he blocked me.🤣🤣🤣🤣
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music Connoisseur
So I finally saw the first two episodes of Pony Life to judge for myself, and I did not like them.

Princess Probz: This one was shit, it was tough to sit through it. It went by way too fast with the gags and jokes and the scenes and pacing was really sporadic. Everything was so bouncy and in your face that it got annoying. Because of all that, I got lost with the plot and the climax was just bad (Like all of a sudden she’s terrible at baking but yet she still managed to make a competent cake?) If I can give it the benefit of a doubt, I do think the concept of an audition to get into a baking reality show is a good one and I wish they could’ve done the execution better. Overall, not a great first impression at all. Final Ranking: D-  
(Irrelevant side note, because of my music nerdiness, that title reminds me of the British rapper Mr. Probz)

The Best Of The Worst: This one was passable, but the idea was just stupid. Like some guy out of nowhere with a stupid name challenges her to a competition to be the worst and she just accepts that quickly? I get that she’s supposed to be boastful and egotistical but come on Rainbow Dash. I can say though that compared to the last ones it wasn’t too sporadic which was a relief and I remember laughing at one joke which didn’t happen last time. The ending was good, where she’s content with being the best at what she does and doesn’t have to stoop down to someone else’s definition of “best” or “worst”. About that Dishwater Slog guy, I don’t know if the writers intended him to be a hate sink, but if they did then congratulations I hate this Aqua Teen Hunger Force looking ass turd. Oh and that little blueberry pony whatever his name is was so tiny, damn. Overall, this one was tolerable, but still not that great. Final Ranking: C-

Overall, Pony Life wasn’t that good to me but I’m not gonna give it up. Next episodes I’ll see if the quality can change for the better but I won’t watch them when they premiere for the first time.
Dragonmage

It’s actually better than I thought. My opinion can change but here’s my review so far:

Pros:  
  • 10 minute format seems to work for these episodes as the problems doesn’t drag on too much like some episodes of the main show  
  • voice acting is top notch  
  • there’s a larger focus on the main 6 as opposed to background characters and guest characters (something I thought a problem after season 4)  
  • surprisingly there are still lessons  
  • Dash and Pinkie were written well in their episodes and weren’t fanderized  
  • AJ has a new gimmick which I think is perfect for her  
  • some of the secondary characters have appeared so we know that for example characters like Celestia will still be in the show  
  • lots of high energy which fits the format but not too over the top  
  • mane 6 aren’t tied up with a school and princess stuff aren’t really present

Cons:  
  • setting is severely altered for example Sugercube Corner is on a cliff; I’m over this but it can be upsetting to some  
  • certain elements are not explained like the pony powers and potions which make them feel random; the latter is given by a character that makes no sense in having it  
  • adventure style episodes are going to be on the outs with a more comedy focused show  
  • I-pads and TV are now a thing  
  • Twilight barely uses her magic at least for now
windburst

Just saw episode 3 and 4, it’s still rather meh but it got some stuff to it.

Cute-pocalypse meow is still weird though with fluttershy once again going tiny and big at will. The cat reminds me of a LPS character for some reason. Overal it was weird to see hipster stuff again in current times and tablets and iphones just feel off in a pony world. Some good background music though Also, seems spike is no longer voiced by cathy weseluck now, but tabitha st germain. going to be interesting if we get a spike/rarity episode 5/10

how AJ got her hat back was a nice AJ episode, yet her voice seemed somewhat off. Like it was deliberatly trying not to go too southern, the swap potions are back needing potions to swap hats was weird though goth ponies was cool, but regular human sounding names urked me a tad. also that titlecard for part 2 was freaky. some decent background music again with the goth/emo theme. 6/10

From the traffic this topic is getting though, it seems not many people are into pony life  
It’s still not good but at the very least it’s not Princess Probz bad
IceKitsune
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Pre-G4 Art Archivist
I thought that both episodes 3 and 4 were pretty ok. Better than episode 1 for sure and good enough for me to keep watching. Look Pony Life is nothing amazing but I think it is just good enough to be a hold over until G5 proper rolls around.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide