The G1 Appreciation Thread

Amethyst_Crystal
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Goth Hippie Nerd Pony
@Pinto Bean  
Thanks, I’m glad to have uploaded all that g1 stuff!  
Not all the g1 specials/movie/series animation and screencap uploads on this site are mine, but yeah!

And I’ve done nothing from the more slice-of-life ‘my little pony tales’, where they behave more ‘g4 like’, ie, more human.  
if only because I never really saw that one.  
It aired quite a few years after the ‘Dream Valley’ canon, but it still counts as g1.

Still weird how the more magic-fantasy action-adventure focused first show was called ‘my little pony ‘n friends’.  
They should’ve switched names.

Also my username is for Sweet Stuff’s eyes:

That’s literally what they are.
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
@Amethyst_Crystal

I enjoy watching the clips. G1 has brief moments of awesome that can be overlooked if the viewer isn’t so attentive, especially from the pilot Escape From Midnight Castle.

It aired quite a few years after the ’Dream Valley’ canon, but it still counts as g1.
Still weird how the more magic-fantasy action-adventure focused first show was called ’my little pony ’n friends’.
They should’ve switched names.

For at least a couple of years, I thought that the first show was G1 and “Tales” was G2, but it turned out that G2 was something else entirely and barely exists for some reason.

My Little Pony Tales is oddly unique for a couple of reasons. It happens to be the only pony show where the main characters are children, and the only poniverse where ponies use modern technology like automobiles, TV’s and telephones. It did have its moments though.

You can watch it here, if you’re ever curious.
Edhelistar
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Kirin Flutterfan
@Pinto Bean  
It also was the first foray into pone for our esteemed GlimGlam VA, Kelly Sheridan, who voiced Melody in it, and Cathy Weseluck, no real introduction needed.
Amethyst_Crystal
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Goth Hippie Nerd Pony
@Pinto Bean
It also was the first foray into pone for our esteemed GlimGlam VA, Kelly Sheridan, who voiced Melody in it, and Cathy Weseluck, no real introduction needed.

Melody here is pretty funny

Are their characters similar at all, besides being pink ponies with at least some blue in their manes?  
Starlight has a lot more blue in her coat than Melody though.

Confession time, there’s something about MLP Tales clips that (usually but not always) weirds me out,  
and maybe it’s because it’s Equestria Girls with bipedal G1 ponies making faces like G4 ponies, lol.  
Maybe I’m also a bit worried about how awkward and cringey the dating/relationship bf/gf episodes might be.  
I mean, I even find the few G4 episodes with that focus more often awkward and cringey than not, so.  
Still must watch it sometime though.
Edhelistar
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

Kirin Flutterfan
@Amethyst_Crystal  
They both are sassy and kind of ducks? I guess… But it might be quite of a stretch. Heck, even the voices sound completely different.

Don’t try to listen for Cathy Weseluck, though. She didn’t voice anypony, she was the singing voice director.
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
@Amethyst_Crystal

When you watch Tales, just keep in mind that it’s a show that focuses on the emotional lives of preadolescent girls, which is to say it’s more about kids “growing up” than the other shows. Also there is a general theme of the girls gradually coming to terms with their feelings about boys. It’s less about relationships though and more about the emotions that the girls experience because of them.

Melody dreams of someday being the lead singer of a popular Rock band. Aside from Melody sounding like a younger Starlight Glimmer, she seems to have little in common with her if anything at all.

Edhelistar
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Kirin Flutterfan
@Amethyst_Crystal  
Yeah, it isn’t as awkward as it seems. Sadly, it was cancelled after just one season and left many plot threads hanging. I still want to know what’s the deal with the alicorn… Did I forget to mention this was the first series to show an alicorn?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide