The Foreign Dubbing Thread

GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
Another thing about another MLP movie: I’m listening to the songs from A New Generation in other languages right now and I found out that the European Portuguese versions of Gonna Be My Day and Glowin’ Up have almost the same lyrics as the Brazilian Portuguese version. Weird…
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
Most foreign dubs have women doing the voice of Spike, as per the original. However, there are dubs that have men doing his voice. Off the top of my head, these dubs are the German dub, the Brazilian Portuguese dub, the Hungarian dub, the Czech dub (since S4, although the singing voice is still done by a woman on account of how the male VA’s voice sounds) and the Arabic dub. Also, the Iberian Portuguese dub is the only dub I know of where Snips and Snails are voiced by women (though, in Rainbow Rocks, when they do that awful rap, they have the voice of men. Magical microphones, I guess.)
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxA78P9Y-EQ A scene from Pony Life dubbed in Brazilian Portuguese. I have to say I kinda like the voice cast, despite not being the same as in G4. If Hasbro had any intent on continuing EqG, I wouldn’t complain if they brought this voice cast in! (Oh, and there was a very small translation error in the start: DJ Pon-3 is referred to by the singular masculine definite article “o”. Summary: She was referred to as a guy).
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
So, I’ve been considering adding the Danish dub of G4 to my collection of foreign dubs. I’ve actually seen it before, though it was just season 5, and it’s been about 4 or 5 years since I last watched it. The reason I’m considering adding said dub to my collection is that the Danish language is available on UK Netflix, though we just go up to season 5 here. However, with the help of a VPN, Danish Netflix goes up to season 8, so I’ll probably be adding 8 seasons of the Danish dub to my collection. As I said, it’s been about 4 or 5 years since I last watched the Danish dub, and I don’t remember what the voices sound like, so I’ll have no idea where it’ll rank in my top 10 foreign language dubs.
Blissful690

Violet Frost Fan
Earlier this week, an Italian brony by the name of LooneX uploaded complete episodes (as well as Equestria Girls films and specials) of the Italian dub to his YouTube channel. Since he was able to upload them without getting them blocked, I’ll eventually be doing the same thing with the Danish, Czech, European Portuguese, and Ukrainian dubs.
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
After a 5 year-long hiatus, FiM returns to Portugal! Season 7 will premiere on September 2. Whether the cast will remain the same remains to be seen, but Cecília Henriques may not return to voice Rarity, Fluttershy, and Sweetie Belle (she was replaced in A New Generation and all EqG content post-Friendship Games).
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
Another international news relating to A New Generation:
-Albania has two dubs (the illegally made by Studio Suprem for some streaming services, the second legally made by PIKO Studios for the channel Tring Kids). Both dubs feature Algiona Aga as Zipp Storm, Albana Aliu as Queen Haven (both dubs), Rarity and Rainbow Dash (Studio Suprem dub) and Twilight Sparkle (PIKO Studios dub) and Suela Xhonuzi as Sunny Starscout and Twilight Sparkle (Studio Suprem dub) and Pipp Petals, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash (PIKO Studios dub). The Studio Suprem dub kept all songs in English, while PIKO Studios dubbed them wonderfully (all characters kept their speaking voices in the songs with the exception of Pipp, whose singing was done by Orgesa Zaimi, Sunny’s VA).
-The Serbian dub premiered a few days ago in Dexy TV (who was one of the channels that aired the second dub of FiM). The dub was made in Oblakoder (former Studio Loudworks), who previously worked in the demo dub of The Ticket Master and the second dub of seasons 1 and 2 of FiM). The Mane 6 got all new voices (although Rainbow Dash’s VA previously voiced Sweetie Belle in the second dub of seasons 1 and 2).
Background Pony #DB31
In the French dub, when Apple Bloom speaks French, she still speaks French in the French dub, but it’s considered to be a fancy type of French that she speaks that native speakers can be able to hear the difference between. I thought she was gonna speak English, but no.
Jaredking779
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The MLP Lover-Fan
@GoodVibesGorgeous
Oh, I can’t wait to see that! I wonder what if it’s the only season confirmed in Portugal… Or do they have Seasons 8 and 9 confirmed?
@Blissful690
There’s just several foreign dubs besides Arabic that keep ponies speaking English instead of the specific language. Hindi uses some English sentences, etc heard in the original, while some other foreign languages keep songs in English (Cantonese, Indonesian, Taiwanese).
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
After a 5 year-long hiatus, FiM returns to Portugal! Season 7 will premiere on September 2. Whether the cast will remain the same remains to be seen, but Cecília Henriques may not return to voice Rarity, Fluttershy, and Sweetie Belle (she was replaced in A New Generation and all EqG content post-Friendship Games).
Correction: The season 7 premiere may actually be on September 3rd. I couldn’t find MLP on the September 2nd schedule. However, the schedule says that Celestial Advice will premiere at three in the morning, so it is possible that Canal Panda’s website simply has adjusted to the time zone of my country (Brazil).
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
Correction: The season 7 premiere may actually be on September 3rd. I couldn’t find MLP on the September 2nd schedule. However, the schedule says that Celestial Advice will premiere at three in the morning, so it is possible that Canal Panda’s website simply has adjusted to the time zone of my country (Brazil).
Okay, I just checked another website for Canal Panda’s schedule and yes, apparently they are premiering season 7 right now. At three in the morning (there).
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBUi29PqYM0 I’m going to resurrect this thread to let you guys know that Tring (a TV channel on Albania) will be airing Friendship is Magic soon. There is still no information whether they will do a new dubbing (presumably made legally by PIKO Studio, the one who did their dub of A New Generation) or broadcast the first one (illegally made by “Jess” Discographic for Bang Bang channel). If it is a new one, it will be the third Albanian dub. The second one only covers the 4th season, aired for a month on the Pikaboo channel during the last two months of 2019 and is currently lost.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide