The Equestria Girls General Thread

14Fan
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Would you like AM OR FM
Idk why but I feel like Sci-Twi and RD are both similar to me in ways. Sci-Twi is smart and a nerd, just like me (please don’t light me up). But Rd’s also similar to me. According to literally every Quotev quiz, RD and I are built for each other. She and I are both competitive, HATE losing, and are athletic. Not sure who the short one is though.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I wouldn’t say Equestria Girls is underrated, mainly because, considering that it is alternative content for people who already are fans of Friendship is Magic, they would like this take on the Mane 6.
If it had a better dialogue, better pacing and better jokes, then I’d say yes, it would be underrated, but it’s not the case, especially when they got 4 movies, some shorts and a TV show.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Twi Clown
That’s debatable.
While I haven’t read all the IDW comics (and probably never will), I did enjoy reading some of them, like the one with Chrysalis (who got her best treatment in her unfortunate situation in the franchise), Nightmare Rarity, the one where Big Macintosh meets other ponies, the clown admired by Pinkie Pie, the one where Twilight looks after a writer, etc. There was variety.
In the Equestria Girls products, there was barely any diversity the IDW comics have. The stories were mostly focused on either stuff for teens or pop songs. In the first movie there was a popularity contest, in Rainbow Rocks there was a music tournament (when it should have been on how Sunset is dealing with rejection because of her actions in the previous film) and Friendship Games was about another tournament. The only exception to me was Legend in Everfree because it was focused on nature, which seems appropiate for kids and teens.
Because of that, I think you can find diverse concepts in the IDW comics and Friendship is Magic than Equestria Girls. Whether someone was better than the other, that’s another discussion. But I wouldn’t say Equestria Girls is underrated, especially when:
  1. When Rainbow Rocks came out, every single fan loved it from beginning to end.
  2. It got so much stuff. Again, four movies, many shorts, many music clips, a TV show… So the word “underrated” doesn’t apply in this particular case.
That said, my favourite EG films were the first one and the fourth one, but it’s really hard to go back to watch these films again.
Posted Report
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Ring Team
Well, for starters I said “some” comics….not all. Second, diversity doesn’t necessarily equals good, some stories really are not of my liking.
Ironically enough I found the fourth one my personal least favorite. I like it but is in my personal taste the weakest of the four.
Besides, I really have no issue with the high school setting, it’s weird indeed but I’m not particulary turned off by that like other people do.
Gotta say I never said EG is underrated, I merely like it better than a lot of other MLP products out there, and overtime IDW left me somewhat disinterested with a lot of the implemented tales.
Posted Report
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I wouldn’t call the comics “divisive”. Early on the comics were really strong(despite some lingering problems that got worse as it went on), but by “Reflections” it really started coming off more like they cared about what crazy idea they could do at, focus on plot and big, epic, arcs often at the cost of the characters
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
@Ring Team
It wasn’t about what happened in forgotten friendship. That was the one that had sunset make up with Celestia. I said it was kind of just existing after not really building to anything
Posted Report
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Ring Team
Everyone gets their memories wiped by Wallflower Blush and Sunset needs to find out what caused it. Halfway in it has Sunset apologizing to Celestia
Posted Report
Background Pony #D17C
There was a big discussuion post on equestria daily a little ago
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2021/12/discussion-for-equestria-girls-fans.html
It’s initial antagonist turned main protagonist was definitely the highlight of it for me, I really became invested in Sunset Shimmer’s redemption and seeing the very consistent, well-written development of her character as she rose above her past and began helping others in ways only she could having been in such dark places. Though to say EqG’s success is solely attributed to Sunset I think wouldn’t be giving it enough credit.
I don’t think it’s controversial to say pony high-school girls, on paper, is a pretty bad idea, and its first outing did little to ease concerns. But I’m really impressed with what it was able to make of its limited setting as early as its 2nd movie (which to this day remains one of my most cherished G4 media), and ultimately come around to a solid show with such a shaky start. By the time it had established itself as a sort of Magical Girl show, I think it really found its footing.
As the series went on, it kind of went to even replace FiM as the next release I always looked forward to most. At the time, FiM was starting to reach for greater and greater heights: a ton of new secondary characters were introduced and explored, and the stakes at the end of each season were usually the entire fate of a nation. However, spreading the attention around so many new characters took attention away from the Mane 6 and their dynamics that drew me to the show in the first place, and the stakes always being so high to the point where you couldn’t have a season finale where Equestria wasn’t in danger diluted the gravity of that threat. EqG, meanwhile, kept its plots laser-focused around the mane seven characters. Admittedly, the very brief runtime of the shorts and only a handful of specials mean they didn’t have much opportunity to do otherwise, but I preferred being able to keep the Mane 7 at the focal point of the story. And whereas FiM finales concentrated more on the increasingly lofty and somewhat impersonal fate of the world, big plots in EqG would focus more on smaller but more relatable things like the relationships or well-being of its cast. It got to be I cared a lot more about something as personal but important as Sunset’s memories or Scilight’s psyche than the 6th-7th time Equestria was almost destroyed.
This combined with some amazing songs, good humor, and more surprisingly mature themes than you might expect made EqG solidify itself to me as a worthy spinoff. I am only disappointed it felt like it was never really allowed to reach its full potential with the limited format of the shorts.
The big part for me is the focus on the main cast that I fell in love with initially in Pony
Posted Report
14Fan
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Would you like AM OR FM
Question: Which one of AppleJack’s outfits is better, her movie outfit with the collared shirt or the EG: Better Together outfit with her apple t-shirt?
Posted Report
14Fan

Would you like AM OR FM
Does anyone think Rainbow’s jacket in the EG series kinda looks like it has the Wonderbolts’ colors on it?
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide