The Equestria Girls General Thread

Background Pony #D17C
@Twi Clown
Not trying to change your mind but curious:
I’m assuming E is the worst , right? How come Applejack and Fluttershy are down there?
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
I found AJ rther boring to be honest. She’s not changed very much between regular show and EG honestly, being the relatively quirkless character.
Flutters menawhile, well, I’m not into shy characters. Oddly enough EG fluttershy is slighty more sociable, but still not my liking.
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
You know, a lot of people has said Sunset is a lackluster villain in the first EG movie. A lot of people tend to compare her with Triie in Magic Duel, Starlight in S5 with the damage she caused, and Tempest in the movie. But then I picked something: Tempest pretty much lashed out at fellow ponies for an admittedly huge trauma but still in an unwarranted way, Starlight’s cult was sustained in delusions of creating harmony and caused lots of damage, Trixie just didn’t like her livehold to be ruined and picked an amulet and went into a G-Rated rampage and conquest. Sunset however it’s implied to be dangerous at the school, yet she rarely actually causes as much damage as others until the SUnset Satan thing.
And later on, Starlight after being redeemed becomes a rather clumsy if not incredibly ditzy girl who even when trying her best often causes more troubles to others, Tempest’s violent tendencies puts her at odds with other ponies in the comics, and Trixie is just Trixie, but Sunset after redemption actually becomes a much more capable and reasonable if still fiery and temperamental hero compared to the other three.
So, I’m starting to think Sunset is only “lackluster” because she was the only one from the magic rivals who actually didn’t went on her way to commit colateral damage. Sure, she made nasty things here and there but she was actually much more focused. The mane 6 only assume Sunset made the nasty mails that separated them but there’s no actual confirmation if you rewatch the movie, just the inference of the heroines. CHS is often implied to have some hidden bullies here and there if we take into accounts all the people laughed at Twilight’s embarrasing video, Wallflower lashing out for being ignored, and some students were jerkish enough to film the heroines when they were having problems with their thanksgiving dresses, and since Sunset rarely acts if it compromised her objectives then there’s a chance Sunset at times merely used a lot of bluff on her acts without being as nasty as some people thought she was. Sure, the element of magic cannot be fooled, but otherwise Sunset wanted to prove she deserved the power she felt denied, which the demon thing proved she indeed didn’t deserved it at all. So becoming an heroine makes more sense because such care for her own actions it’s much more natural in heroes rather than villains. Of course one can argue smart careful villains can exists and be interesting, but I just think Sunset is the only one from the Twilight rivals who wouldn’t cause a bunch of colateral damage unlike the other three.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

To be honest, Sunset as a villain in the first EG film wasn’t very interesting. She was kinda there. And while I admire what they tried to do with her in Rainbow Rocks, I ended up liking her a lot more in Legend of Everfree.
I think my problem with Sunset Shimmer in Rainbow Rocks is that they did the bare minimum considering how great the idea of her character in the sequel is. You have a character confronting the consequences of her previous actions. Everyone hates her. She knows she made a huge mistake. She wants to fix this problem. She wants to make friends after all the disaster she did in the first movie. It could have felt like a very relatable continuation of the 2013 film. But there’s not enough development. They make the Mane 6 remembering what Sunset did in the previous film as a punchline many times until the last ten minutes, and her conclucion felt forced and sudden, with no organic evolution of her or any of the Mane 6. You could have cut 90% of the film and made it into a story about Sunset Shimmer trying to get along with everybody. But instead the movie was about a music tournament. So, unless you have different music genres, it’s not interesting enough to make a movie about.
It’s not that big of a deal to me because Equestria Girls has always been more like an alternative content for the people who are already fans of the original show. And it’s a harmless film, with the exception of Rainbow Dash.
Come to think of it, and since I rewatched Rainbow Rocks last year, I do wonder what would happen if everyone in Ponyville and Equestria hated Starlight because of what she did in season 5. I wonder why the writers didn’t do it the same way they did in Rainbow Rocks. It’s not an impossible idea, most people enjoyed Rainbow Rocks, it would make perfect sense to use it as a blueprint and go beyond. It’s not like there’s a technology that would stop the writers from doing it. They could have done that.
Latecomer

@Ring Team
To be fair, the idea of giving Sunset a prominent role was a late addition to Rainbow Rocks. And I still think it was implemented pretty well. And I don’t think making the film all about her would have been better, necessarily.
And perhaps they did it differently because it had been done the other way in Rainbow Rocks? Or perhaps there was a different standard when it will be resolved by the end of the work VS ongoing. Or perhaps they just felt the other way suited Starlight’s character better.
Latecomer

Rewatching Rainbow Rocks, and one small thing I’m quite pleased about is that for once, Twilight gets to actually know about a historical villain already! All that studying should be good for something, right? (I mean, besides whipping up an experimental portal-forcer device on the spot out of parts you had handy.)
Megalobronia

Nintendo Nerd
Every member of the Humane Seven got at least one special focused on them:
  • Forgotten Friendship (Sunset Shimmer)
  • Rollercoaster Of Friendship (Rarity and Applejack)
  • Spring Breakdown (Rainbow Dash, Sci-Twi, and Sunset)
  • Sunset’s Backstage Pass (Pinkie Pie and Sunset)
but nothing for poor Fluttershy. What do you think a special around Fluttershy would entail?
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Megalobronia
Given Spring Breakdown made RD a third wheel, and given how much they liked pairing RD/FS(though evidently not as committed as they were Twilight/Sunset and Rarity/AJ), I would have heavily changed that one to be a RD/FS focused story and dropped Twi and Sunset
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
Funny idea for the first movie.
TS: “Why are you so mean and jerky Sunset? Are you out of your mind?!”
SS: “Ohh please, don’t insult me with those comments. I’m just taking what it should be mine.”
TS: ”……Did your parents hate you or something?”
SS: “SHUT UP!!”
TS: “I’m just saying.”
14Fan
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Would you like AM OR FM
Anyone wanna mention that RD LITERALLY MADE AJ (my headcanon’s twin) THROW UP OFF THE SIDE OF THE LUX DELUXE?! Spring Breakdown. AJ walking around the edge of the deck and nearly throws up, leans over the side. RD comes along and asks “What’s up AJ?” AJ can’t say anything cause her lunch (or breakfast) is up in her mouth, “You can’t talk?” No shit Rainbow. “Evil magic stole your voice?” No Rainbow, evil magic didn’t steal her voice. She then decides to violently shave AJ to only get pushed away so AJ can swallow the contents of her last meal only to lose it over the side of the boat. “Or you’re seasick, heh… BECAUSE OF EVIL MAGIC?!” Then AJ gives her a deep glare which I applauded her doing so. Oh btw, they’re both played by the same person. Ashleigh Bell.
Posted Report
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@14Fan
Not sure if I need to give a long winded explanation so I’ll leave it simple. SciTwi often felt a bit too restricted in science things and it’s more shy than pony twi. Again this is just my tastes so I don’t really want to elaborate much about it.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide