The Equestria Girls General Thread

Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
Maybe. Can’t really figure out a way to do it without it feeling shoehorned, pointless and contrived. I’m not against it but I don’t have the good faith that it would feel connected to the personal story I’d like to see told.

@Hali the Emoji girl  
I keep flip flopping back and forth on that [Discord causing the problem and going unpunished]. I like Discoshy (platonic or otherwise) and while it fits his character, I’m not a fan of Discord bringing the villainous three together. I think a suitable punishment (or at least consequence of his actions) would be reduce his power to alicorn, if not unicorn, levels. At least for the intervening years between episode 25 and 26.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
I wasn’t particularly happy with how they handled magic after the first film. I liked RR but the two problems I have is the plot thread that went nowhere with Aria and Adagio and how the girls would pony up. I found the academic decathlon more interesting than the magic subplot and Midnight Sparkle, while a nice design, was unnecessary. Gloriosa and the geodes kinda took me out of Twilight’s story arc. The subplot with Filthy Rich was a waste of time in my opinion. They weren’t bad but they could have been better. But the series wasn’t made for me so not much point in complaining.
Latecomer

@Brass Beau  
Well, then I guess your position isn’t surprising. I, on the other hand, love the magical girl elements and felt crumbling into slice-of-life shorts was to it’s detriment, so…
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
You’re right. A real finale would have all of those elements.  
What would be your idea for EQG series finale?
Emphasis mine. My suggestion was just what I wanted. Still wish we got a finale instead of just Holidays Unwrapped.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Flutter_Lover  
Teen girls facing evil magic from another world and transform to fight it? Yeah, I think we can all pretty much agree on that. Seeing as FiM got a manga I’d imagine if EqG did it would lean into that aspect pretty hard.
ApplejackFan204
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Awesome dude
I know I’ve said this before, but could someone please upload those Holidays Unwrapped, Let It Rain, and Do It For the Ponygram screencaps on MLP Wikia?
Latecomer

What are people’s thoughts on Spike the dog (both versions)? I recall it was one of the big complaints back in the day, but I always liked the idea. (It’s not a proper magical girl show without a talking animal mascot…)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide