The Equestria Girls General Thread

Latecomer

@Angrybrony  
Sure, it would be nice if he could be his own strong guy who doesn’t need a girlfriend… but let’s face it, he was literally made to be a boyfriend and then the girl he was made for threw him aside without a word.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
It really could go any which way but loose when it comes to Flash and Sunset. Guy gets a lot of flack and the only real bead on his personality besides being a nice guyTM is that he’s a bit of a dork trying to be a cool guyTM. A lot has to be inferred or made up when it comes to relationships involving him or any of the characters. After the reception of Rainbow Rocks if Hasbro had turned EqG into a series, either online or during the off season of FiM, the character dynamics could have been explored in more detail. Still, for what we got, the impression it left on me was what I stated before. I really do see Flash and Sunset having good chemistry as friends but a romantic relationship looks one-sided. At the very least, he does have a good chance of finding a relationship in the long run. I wouldn’t mind an EqG 2 to go along with MLP 5, especially if they aren’t connected. Magical chromatic pony high school girls is an idea I think could really succeed on its own.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@Latecomer  
yeah but thing is flash is, and i’m putting this delicately, fucking lame. he has a bare minimum to do with basicly anything in any of the movies, you could just take him out and you’d lose nothing, like literal nothing. something they managed fix with timber in legend of everfree. in fact i’d say timber is flash done right, he actually has some semblance of natural charm to him and actually has more reason to be involved in the events.
Latecomer

@Brass Beau  
I’m fine with him being her friend or her boyfriend, as long as they actually resolve that thread in a way other than “friendzone!” (Likewise, if they did get together, I’m fine with an epilogue showing them as either married or divorced.)
Latecomer

@Angrybrony  
Timber is not particularly more interesting then Flash, not does he have better chemistry. His one real advantage is having a role in the movie beyond the romance, but that was lost when the film finished.

And Flash is not lame, even if he thinks he is. He’s a good, cool guy who deserved better than a cowardly dumping.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@Latecomer  
no. he’s he definitely is boring. and yes he has better chemistry as a romantic interest…mainly because there is some kind of actual chemistry between him and sci-twi because they’re relationship has them talk for more then too fucking seconds.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
@Angrybrony  
As far as introductions go, Timber was done better. If memory serves, Flash dumped Sunset. He also didn’t do or say much in four films. The Friendship Games short with Microchip and Sandalwood did more to establish his character than the first movie. I think the biggest advantage Timber had over Flash is his sister. Having a background made him something more than just a nice, cool guy. The banter he had with Twilight also helped. That said, Flash being as much of a blank slate as he was allowed him to be characterized in a variety of ways.
Latecomer

@Angrybrony  
I think that’s a matter of opinion.

@Brass Beau  
Yes, that’s what I meant by noting his one advantage was that he fit better in his debut film, while Flash was more obviously tacked on. (His role in Rainbow Rocks was actually more relevant, if only a bit.)
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
Not really. His role in both films could have easily been cut. Hell, he could have been cut from the series entirely. I don’t really think the writers knew what to do with him. Frankly, had they made him Sunset’s errand boy, her manipulative personality would have shined more. Sticking around after her fall and being brainwashed against her by the Dazzlings would have been a great story thread. Plus, it gives him some agency and allows him to more organically fit within future plots. Add in a lack of ontological inertia with magic and keeping Equestria secret basically turns him into an EqG version of Spike without the creepy implications of pedophilia or interspecies romance (to a degree). As it stands, his potential was wasted.
Latecomer

@Brass Beau  
I do think he serves as a relevant character in the second film, but yes, the first could easily have done without him. But once they had him, I think they should have done more with him.
ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
I don’t hate Timber Spruce as much as I used too, although I think Twilight Sparkle and him could be just friends. Only because, I’m not into relationships for the main characters anymore with the exception of Cheesepie.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide