The Equestria Girls General Thread

Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Background Pony #4404  
A high school reunion with occasional flashbacks to what happened between graduation (optional magic attack during the ceremony) and the “present,” showing how things turned out for everyone. Marriages and kids would likely not be mentioned considering the backlash it would cause.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
Yeah, but I’d say it offers a little more closure than a graduation special, fun as that would be.  
A good finale needs to remind you of why you liked the show, demonstrate that the story you witnessed was important and give you a sense that whatever comes next for the characters won’t be more interesting than what you already saw.  
Now, if they were to do a graduation special, the conflict would have to be personal and non-magical. A flash forward towards the end showing how things turned out for the girls wouldn’t be a bad idea. Maybe, during the last two minutes, Sunset drives off to college and we see glimpses of the future. Twilight starts a tech company. Rainbow wins and Olympic medal. Rarity is on a billboard. Fluttershy is tackled by dogs in an animal shelter. Applejack is overseeing cider production in a factory. Something like that might work.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
FiM already did the ultimate magic battle thing. And every EqG special, besides the summertime shorts and Holidays Unwrapped, always had a personal relationships component.  
The writers (and hopefully I’m not the only audience member) are more invested in the characters than some new baddie. The question of if Sunset would take an out of state scholarship, leaving her friends behind, is more interesting than “how long before the girls laser this person”.  
I mean, you could have the real Grogar show up, turn all the previous baddies evil again, including Sunset and Sci-Twi, and have a giant battle but it’d be all spectacle and no substance.
Latecomer

@Brass Beau  
Of course there has to be a personal componenet - likely the whole “breaking up the band” thing, as well as Sunset’s long-delayed worry about which world to make her life in (exacerbated by commuting not looking like a sustainable option). But every special has also had major magical action.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Hali the Emoji girl  
I dislike a lot of the things they did with the time skip to put it simply. I hate Future Twilight and Spike’s designs. I dislike how only Pinkie got married. I dislike the heavy implications of AppleDash(mainly because the leaks showed the writers regularly screwed that pairing over) and Discoshy(because fuck Discord). And I especially hate the “meet up once a month” bullshit compromise, it’s one thing to keep in touch but meeting up just once a month means having so little time with your friends you’re undoubtedly gonna start drifting apart. You can move on with your life while still keeping your friends close
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide