The Equestria Girls General Thread

Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
@Ponysa

If there’s something I learned in my college career as an engineer in computer systems, is that the first place they should look for leakers are the inner offices and servers.

That’s just too much, it looks like negligence from the MLP crew.
redactedpony
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

It wasn’t much of a finale for the series, and some of the segments were better than others, but overall it was pretty fun. The snowball fight and heist segments were probably my favorites.

My main takeaway was that I wish the whole digital series had been more like this. The 6-7 minute duration of these shorts allowed for actual plots, with more than one story beat, as opposed to the one-gag youtube shorts.

Also, even if we haven’t seen her, we now know that Zecora does exist in the EQG universe.
Background Pony #D7F3
@redactedpony  
I agree, 6-to-7 minute episodes would be much better. Believe it or not, there would be enough time for a plot (if you don’t believe me, search for Monica and Friends, an animated series from my country, on YouTube and you’ll see). If a miracle happens and the series gets renewed, the episodes should be extended.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
Only seen four of the six shorts(I don’t like the Flim Flam Bros, so I skipped that one, haven’t gotten around to the last one), and I really liked these. The first 3, Fake Snow Day, Snowball fight, and the heist, all feel like Recess episodes in the best kind of way, and the Zephyr one one did the impossible and actually got me to both like Zephyr himself and him and Dash as a duo, they made him fucking helpful and capable of keeping a job
Background Pony #298A
@Background Pony #A6BF  
I will never get why Hasbro thought making most of the installments 2 min was a good idea. All it does is make most of the material feel like a whole lot of nothing, and it leads to the specials being the only stories they could muster. I feel like two stories a year aren’t near enough especially when ones like Rollercoaster and Backstage Pass are meant to be relatively light.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
I agree that Holiday Unwrapped is everything the shorts should have been. 6-7 minutes is just enough to tell more stories thoroughly, rather than a paltry 2-3 minutes
Background Pony #D7F3
@Kiryu-Chan  
It’s nice to see I’m not the only one who wanted the shorts to be 6-7 minutes… Too bad it probably will never happen. I would love to see Boulder Media animating the series! If they got the right models (let’s be honest: most of their Summertime Shorts didn’t have very good character designs), it would look wonderful.
Background Pony #D7F3
@Background Pony #06B9  
It’s a possibility, but it would be a little difficult to connect to the main line (which will also be rebooted). Maybe Hasbro could make a suspiciously similar substitute for EqG, but it would be very unlikely that it would have the same number of fans.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide