Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post (pony version)

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@The Worst Person
I already had a theory (NOT a hypothesis) that Rumble had a filly muzzle because the colt muzzle couldn’t be used on the same video layer as foal wings/horns (which is why it took until the Mistmane episode to get a non-flashback Unicorn colt who wasn’t Snips or Snails, who both have unique body shapes. In fact, even in flashbacks, we didn’t see a generic unicorn colt until Sunburst. DHX was using an outdated version of Flash, it’s entirely possible updating to a new version was what caused the almost year-long delay of Season 5, they had to learn a new interface and/or convert/recompile their vectors)
In case you want to know what I mean by “video layers”, they’d split the episode into two videos, one with half the assets used in the final product and a top layer chroma keyed on top. Evidence suggests this was done in some cases (Derpy was supposed to be hidden, cyclops Noteworthy)
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
At this point, I finished with the episode Sparkle’s Seven.
However I want to give a little secret.
I’ve been writing a one shot about Zephyr and Fluttershy’s familial bond for over a month.
I’ve also been trying to learn some drawing to an extent. (Although not too much yet)
And I still want to read some MLP comics.
And of course I have so much else I wanna do. So I’m in a bit conflicted of what I want to do.
I want to create something not just read or write though. I think right now I have closest chance of finishing that fanfic, I’ve been slacking off writing for a while though.
But part of me says I should watch the rest of Season 9 before creating stuff.
Do you think I think should work on my fanfic or should I finish Season 9 before doing anything else? I’m a bit conflicted.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

Do you think I think should work on my fanfic or should I finish Season 9 before doing anything else? I’m a bit conflicted.
Since you’ve already watched the other eight seasons, might as well watch the last one too. Why stop (way more than) halfway through? You’ve only got a few steps left in a very long set of stairs, so to speak.
Season 9 might be a useful role model too. The ‘what NOT to do’ kind, mind you…
And yeah, starting from an ambitious idea without any prior experience tends to lead to lukewarm results. Especially with fanfiction, where even the best idea and most epic adventure can be brought down HARD if the narration is amateurish (or even worse, genuinely bad).
It especially shows in long-running AUs/verses. Wanted to read from the start the Lunaverse back then and, well, the premiere certainly shows the “this is my first fic” ‘quality’ of narration… Never could read it to the end (partly) because of that.
The narration’s (hopefully) better since then, but when you want to see how things began… yeah, rough start, in more ways than one.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Roseluck
You might have a point.
Sadly I think I’m aware of a few things you’re talking about… Discord. But at least I can get the feel for the last season.
And maybe if I have an AU with a similar ending to Season 9 or simply a fanfic set in that time, I can avoid the mistakes there.
That Fimfiction writing guide was correct when he said you should know the show before writing for it. I only had snippets of info before but now I have a greater understanding of the themes of MLP and the characters and lore.
I still think I’ll enjoy a lot of it though, even if I come across some questionable parts.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Myoozik
That’s why I said “might.” I didn’t elaborate with “your mileage may vary” because I already talk too much.
Plus, season 9 as a whole, the finale, the post-finale and That One Guy are all different creatures. Remove nothing more than ‘the twist’ from the season and we’re already looking at a whole different animal. I shortened it to just “season 9” for the same reason.
If I remember right, many people were fans of the season UNTIL ‘the twist’ happened. The Mass Effect 3 flashbacks are real.
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
This forum post is actually about Fallout: Equestria, but the first part links to general guides on FIMFiction. They have links of their own, like the Editor’s Omnibus.
I don’t know how active/useful they are, but here are two groups specifically about AUs. Might be useful for inspiration, research, etc.
I WOULD link to the fixing-the-finale group too, but considering we’re dealing with accusation fics here… yeah.
On the subject of ‘basic’ alternate takes on the canon timeline, I’m always curious about what the show would have been like if Twilight had never become an alicorn and/or a princess, and stayed a unicorn instead. Whether Starlight still shows up or not, the six next seasons would have been different, that’s for sure.
“What Might Have Been…” four words I’m very familiar with.
I’m also curious about how things would have gone if G4 ended for good with Magical Mystery Cure.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Roseluck
I think “your mileage may vary” would’ve been a better elaboration IMO.
Not that I personally defend Season 9 since even I know that it had its slip-ups and wasted opportunities and I also hated the twist, but I don’t know if saying that all of it are “different creatures” would be a fair assessment. All of the other seasons would really be the same thing with their own individual arcs, highlights and low points. Like I said, I also hated the twist myself, but it didn’t affect the enjoyment from the other episodes. I still think “Frenemies” is a great episode in spite of that.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I’ve always found it funny that even though Miss Harshwinny is some 50-year-old crotchety woman who’s stuck up and didn’t get much appearances, she still managed to get a lot of disproportionally amount of lewd art, especially in the fetish department.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
A lot of the comics you can read them on their own apart but there are plenty of exceptions. Story arcs are a given, but you still have comics that take place after certain episodes or events in the comics. Some comics require the movie, like the one involving Tempest, The Sombra Fiendship issue is required for the Seige arc, the finale is required for S10, Extreme Bingo, Pie in the Sky(Issue 59) and Friends Forever 36(Soarin and RD) are more or less sequels to Grannies Gone Wild, Secrets and Pies and Rainbow Falls respectively
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide