Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post (pony version)

Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
As a desperate last resort, as far as I understand English pronunciation, “earth” and “horse” sound very close to each other, so their planet can be called Horse…
@Panko Pai
Isn’t the Artist’s Group Chat a better place for this? Wait, no, my bad, that thread doesn’t have a monopoly on discussing art no matter what my ‘a place for every thing and every thing in its place’ obsession tells me.
Leaving the old sentence just in case someone’s curious about/unaware of that same thread.
Panko Pai
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork

Shy gamer stallion
@Roseluck
Yeee I just commissioned the artist to do the YCH and didn’t know which thread would fit better, so I picked the “pony stupid stuff” thread.
Even if me and the artist (Jhayarr23) have similar art styles, I do show-accurate (attempt?) most of the time, while they usually do movie style.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Watching The Washouts and how Scootaloo just was able to do some risky stuff without amy opposition. I got to thinking.
Kids in MLP do a lot of stuff we humans only give to adults.
Cozy Glow was one of Twilight’s assistants, Spike is also an assistant, filly Applejack went to Manehattan perhaps to train for her new career.
This feels like the Industrial Age, when kids did things you would be imprisoned for life if you had them do it in real life.
Maybe in MLP, once a foal turns 12, they’ve reached the age of accountability and now they’re expected to start getting job experience even if they are still under their parents care.
Of course the meta reason is because it’s less restrictive for writers to write them in these scenarios.
I bet if an Equestrian parent came to our world and realized children only go to school, they would be like “You’re letting your kids slack off? In my homeland my children are already working junior jobs!”
Background Pony #5CED
What if the reason Spike and Applejack had the worst episodes is because they’re supposed to be the “voice of reason” characters of the show, and making them the focus forces them to act like idiots?
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Just discovered a website called “Cameo” where you can send money to celebrities and famous people to create personalized videos for you. Kelly Sheridan is there and I hope that one day, she can give a birthday shoutout to me in her Starlight voice. <3
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Rarity and Spike’s relationship in Molt Down is how the show should have written their relationship earlier on.
I love how Rarity made him do stuff but liked to ask about his life. And how Rarity was actually trying to be helpful to Spike.
Of course Spike is still her assistant but it feels like a friendly one now.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@DerpyFast
I don’t think Applejack ever needed a long term goal. She’s perfectly content with her life in the farm and that’s fine, not everyone has some big prospects.
Background Pony #AF27
@Background Pony #5CED
I liked AJ episodes, but I would say I think you’re right in that many people may not have been as thrilled by her being the focus since she was typically the straight man for the main cast. The other 5 tended to be more eccentric in their personalities.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Latecomer
Age of accountability is seperate from full adult responsibility.
They still are under their parents, expected to go to school.
Only now they’re getting ready for when they do become adults
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Myoozik
There’s nothing wrong with being content in life, but it doesn’t make for the most interesting character. All great characters want something. They have a goal or desire that motivates them. Applejack just wants to work on her farm.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@kleptomage
If she had a goal I guess, it was to be successful at farming and make granny smith (and her parents) proud. In the end they spread their exports pretty far and wide to different towns and regions. It’s not much different from Rarity, AJ was just much more humble about it.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@cheezedoodle
As the sole apple orchard in the Ponyville region and sole grower of zap apples, the Apples had an easy route to success. Their trouble was that they weren’t business savvy. They didn’t understand supply and demand. If the Apples had produced enough cider to meet demand, the Flim Flam brothers would have never had an opening to challenge them and it was just stupid how the Apples accepted their contest and had to be bailed out by Twilight and their friends.
Rarity sold clothes to ponies who don’t normally wear them. Applejack sold food that every pony needs to survive. Their businesses were not the same.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
I DID IT! I’VE FINISHED 8 SEASONS OF MLP and THE 2017 MOVIE!
Man all I have now is finishing Season 9. It’s been so enjoyable so far. I especially enjouyed the slow but grand journey of watching these episodes in order. Watching MLP grow from small scale to this epic huge scale.
Before I watch Season 9, I’m wondering if there’s any MLP content I might want to consider checking out.
Because I feel like I’ve missed out on something.
Background Pony #52EF
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
The lunar verse set of fanfics which explore what Equestria would be like if it was Celestia that went made instead of Luna
Theres also the Rainverse and a Witch in broad daylight
Not to mention the IDW comics
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@kleptomage
I mean, straight man and only sane man characters do exist and have their fans so while yes they’re not interesting than hyperactive, overly shy or bookworm characters but they can have some interesting qualities to them and have their place in a work of fiction. Keep in mind that character development and hidden depths can be applied to these character types too. What cheezedoodle said also rings true, her desire to work on the farm and be supportive to her friends all sounds like decent motivations.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
@Background Pony #52EF
edit: Here’s the link to the Lunaverse I forgot. And I’m rewording my previous ‘barb.’ I meant to say the content of the stories felt incredibly teenaged, but I made it sound like I called the writers children instead. Oops!
That said, as far as I know, it’s the most extensive ‘alternate premiere’ universe. Said premiere’s actually complete for one. Along with many other fics. And I think it’s the most current. On life support > dead and buried.
On the subject of really old fanfictions, might be worth checking out the pillars of the community (well, pillars from what I’ve heard, I wasn’t there). The Life and Times of a Winning Pony (for Cloud Kicker, spawned its own verse too), Anthropology, Background Pony (for Lyra), I think the one that built Vinyl’s and Octavia’s ‘official’ fanon had “roommate” in the name…
Plus Past Sins, from my understanding that one was pretty popular too. As well as Getting Back on Your Hooves, one of the original Twilight/Trixie fics.
Supposedly Flight of the Alicorn was a masterpiece too, as well as The Mare Time Forgot (though this one disappeared from what I know). And Long Road to Friendship for Equestria Girls, and more specifically building up Sunset’s character before Rainbow Rocks did it canonically.
Never checked my own side of the fandom since I could simply use the English one, but supposedly that was one of the most popular fics translated in French.
On a personal note, I liked Twilight Sparkle of the Royal Guard though I never read the sequel.
Yeah, old stories like I said. Most ‘recently’ completed is still over five years ago. And some of the writers have been gone for years. Always depressing, I know.
And of course, that’s only the tip of the iceberg. Probably dozens of ‘pillars of the community’ I was never aware of. The ‘original Twilight becomes an alicorn, before season 3’ one, maybe?
Admittedly, probably none of these would scratch that “I feel like I’ve missed out on something,” but I wouldn’t know what’s missing either.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide