Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post (pony version)

Kiryu-Chan
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I had two packages that came in today, my mom ended up opening one by mistake thinking it was for her

of course it was the one with a MLP toy in it
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Tagger of the Unknown
I remember when I used to say MLP is not as good ATLA. I don't agree with this anymore. What does that even mean?

MLP does its own thing. And many times I think was the reason I didn't appreciate it.

When I first got into the show it was mostly through the fan content not the actual episodes. And if they were, they were the later episodes. Which I don't think is wrong but I think it did make me think of MLP as overrated since it didn't satisfy the criteria I was looking for.

Watching a few episodes of Season 1, I really feel like this is a great show in and of itself. Also talking with people on this website have really helped me to understand this show better than before.

I do have my own fan ideas that differs from the show and I think that's fine. But I should remember that this show is also trying to do its own thing.

To me it's not better or worse than ATLA. It's just a different beast entirely. And needs to be judged differently.

I'm more of a casual MLP fan and perhaps I always have been and will be. But either way it's interesting to think about this stuff.

I just needed to express this revelation I have had for a while. This is just my personal insight.
Posted Report
Latecomer

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I would say ATLA is more consistently good — but like you say, they have quite different natures. I'm glad that you've come to appreciate FIM's more, and that it was my favourite season which prompted it.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Tagger of the Unknown
@Latecomer
I think it's a very solid foundation. It can be annoying to see when watching Season 6 to see how petty the Mane Six can be torwards each other at times like with that Ticket Master episode, but it helps if you remember that this is only the beginning then you appreciate the journey they have to go through and appreciating the surprisingly ambitious parts like Cloudsdale or the Mane Six's backstories. Rainbow is kind of unlikeable at times like with how she deals with Fluttershy or Pinkie but she grows to be more mature over time. Even in Season 1, you can see Rainbow being a bit nicer especially with Pinkie.

I still prefer the later seasons though they just felt bigger and more vast. And more ambitious. Like with Starlight Glimmer or that family episode with AJ's parents or that Season 4 Tirek episode.

But all of that would not have been possible without a good starting point.
Latecomer

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I suppose it's a whole different perspective looking back than for those of us who fell in love with it in the first place.

I do like a lot about the later seasons, especially 7. But they also have flaws Season 1 lacked.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Olden World - An ongoing fimfiction Audiobook

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~