Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post (pony version)

DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

While I’m at it, here’s how I’d give Tirek and Cozy Glow a good ending:

I think if you want to explain Cozy Glow’s behavior and paint her in a sympathetic light, then you explore the idea that she’s a little bit too smart for her own good, and was never given boundaries or told “no”. So she just sees what she can get away with.

Meanwhile, Tirek was partway through a character arc, so it would be cool if that got finished. From Tirek’s perspective, he was betrayed by his brother. Then he betrays Discord. In “Frenemies”, he explores the idea of not betraying his allies. So I think a good ending for him is that something causes him to turn on Grogar, which leads to Grogar’s defeat. Upon realizing that he’s done exactly what his brother did to him, he decides to set out and patch things up with Scorpan. Bonus points if the parallels between Tirek and Scorpan, and The Royal Sisters come up.

As far as Cozy Glow goes, I’m picturing this scene where a Cozy Glow bumps into a pony sitting at a cafe table that has a chess board on it. The pony notices Cozy’s cutie mark and asks if she would like to play chess. After a couple of games, the pony notices a pattern. Cozy plays lots of flashy moves, but she neglects her development. So when her attacks run out of steam, she has nothing to fall back on, and she keeps losing. He teaches her to play in a more principled, coordinated way, and her play improves. Eventually he realizes he’s lost track of time, and says that Cozy’s parents are probably worried about her. This remark genuinely catches Cozy off guard. He then invites Cozy to the Canterlot Chess club.

When Tirek leaves to patch things up with his brother, Cozy decides to tag along. It turns out chess has been the official pastime in the Centaur Kingdom for hundreds of generations.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Myoozik  
Hard to say. I’d been thinking about Chrysalis for awhile, but I only made the “nature versus civilization” connection within the last month. A nice bonus is that there’s this theme of “rising above your worst instincts” that ties the three characters together.
Background Pony #44DB
Alright so, I’ve been looking for an excuse to post my opinions on Chrysalis reforming, and I guess this is it.
I don’t think you can reform Chrysalis, and trying to do so is a disservice to her character. However, I do think you can give her a good ending. If Chrysalis was interested in redemption, you’d think she’d be reflecting on her actions during “A Canterlot Wedding”. Something like
“He loves her. He loves her and we’re just using him for food. Is this really what we are?”
Instead, she sings songs about how much she loves manipulating and controlling others. Most importantly, she still chooses to be the bad guy when she no longer has to be after the events of “To Where and Back Again”.
When we first meet the changelings, they’re predators/parasites. They redeem themselves by rising above this predator/parasite lifestyle and becoming civilized. By contrast, Chrysalis becomes more feral and animalistic after parting ways with her hive. She lives in the wilderness, transforms into animals, and hunts prey for herself.
I think the good ending for Chrysalis is the changeling version of “Return to Monke”. She rejects the changelings’ path to redemption, stays true to who she is and what she stands for, returns to nature and basically has a great time.

@DerpyFast  
While I’m at it, here’s how I’d give Tirek and Cozy Glow a good ending:
I think if you want to explain Cozy Glow’s behavior and paint her in a sympathetic light, then you explore the idea that she’s a little bit too smart for her own good, and was never given boundaries or told “no”. So she just sees what she can get away with.
Meanwhile, Tirek was partway through a character arc, so it would be cool if that got finished. From Tirek’s perspective, he was betrayed by his brother. Then he betrays Discord. In “Frenemies”, he explores the idea of not betraying his allies. So I think a good ending for him is that something causes him to turn on Grogar, which leads to Grogar’s defeat. Upon realizing that he’s done exactly what his brother did to him, he decides to set out and patch things up with Scorpan. Bonus points if the parallels between Tirek and Scorpan, and The Royal Sisters come up.
As far as Cozy Glow goes, I’m picturing this scene where a Cozy Glow bumps into a pony sitting at a cafe table that has a chess board on it. The pony notices Cozy’s cutie mark and asks if she would like to play chess. After a couple of games, the pony notices a pattern. Cozy plays lots of flashy moves, but she neglects her development. So when her attacks run out of steam, she has nothing to fall back on, and she keeps losing. He teaches her to play in a more principled, coordinated way, and her play improves. Eventually he realizes he’s lost track of time, and says that Cozy’s parents are probably worried about her. This remark genuinely catches Cozy off guard. He then invites Cozy to the Canterlot Chess club.
When Tirek leaves to patch things up with his brother, Cozy decides to tag along. It turns out chess has been the official pastime in the Centaur Kingdom for hundreds of generations.

Wow.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Couple of things I forgot to include:

The Cozy Glow scene would be a “deleted scene” from “The Summer Sun Setback”, as would these two other scenes.

The Summer Sun Celebration itself is about celebrating the defeat of Nightmare Moon, as well as the reunion between Celestia and Luna. The Tirek scene involves him stumbling upon the rehearsals for a musical retelling of that story. Specifically, he walks in on a scene where Celestia is singing a sad aria about having to banish her sister and how much she misses her. Tirek was in Tartarus for these events, so he wasn’t aware of them until now. This is what plants the seed of him reconciling with his brother.

Chrysalis encounters a nature enthusiast. Initially Chrysalis dismisses him as some naïve hippie, but it turns out he has a lot of respect for the ferocity of nature, especially when it comes to apex predators. His speech about reconnecting with nature really strikes a chord with Chrysalis.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #44DB  
I don’t really know. The problem with trying to have a grand finale is that by the time S9 came around, Equestria didn’t exactly have this looming threat that finally needed to be dealt with. In terms of some perfect arch-nemesis of ponykind, Discord was kind of it.

I’ve been toying with the idea that Discord was the result of an experiment that Grogar did with chaos magic; an experiment that destroyed his physical form. Maybe Grogar can plant suggestions into Discord’s mind. Maybe resurrecting Sombra was an experiment to see if Discord’s magic could make Grogar a new body. The whole Legion of Doom thing could have been a plot to get Discord’s magic into a vessel that Grogar can control. The Bell also contains a piece of Grogar’s soul.

Even though the Legion of Doom betrayed him, Grogar offers them whatever they want if they’ll stay out of his way, just to flex how powerful he is. And that’s about as far as I got.
Background Pony #44DB
Rarity should have Sparkler as a cousin.  
Fluttershy should have Posey as a long lost sister.  
Applejack should have Applesauce (G1 Applejack) as a cousin.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide