Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post (pony version)

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Wow that was quite a finale. The ending trilogy.
It was truly epic. And wow. I must admit this was something else.
I think there are things I disagreed with things I absolutly admired and things I think could have been added or changed.
But regardless I enjoyed it quite a bit. I think the 2nd and especially the 3rd were the best.
Honestly if I were to give my criticism of Ending of the End, is that the ponies turning on each is quite sudden (although I’m glad there was foreshadowing in a previous Season 9 episode about how some unicorns can turn on the other races). And I don’t know if this was a great send off and final closure for Discord. (Although one could question since Twilight succeeded, was Discord proven right?)
Although with Grogar I don’t feel so bad anymore since he wasn’t really an important of the ending, but I do wonder if there was a way Grogar could have acutally been implemented.
In some ways, Ending of the End seems too ambitious for its own good. But I like to imagine certain things, like what if the tension between pony races was always there ever since Season 1 or what if Discord truly became a hero of Equestria. And I mean really.
But I did love the overall concept of the Ending of the End. I love how Twilight finally became confident against great odds and how the School of Friendship students inspired others to help Twilight. And Twilight’s final speech in the Ending of the End was truly powerful and showed the past present and future of the Light.
As for The Last Problem, I have less to say about that. But I loved Twilight teaching Luster Dawn. And I loved the lesson and that song and the promise of a future.
I think this makes me appreciate G5 even more.
This is already pretty long. Lol. But perhaps I can finally write some fanfics now or do some other stuff. Either way, watching G4 chronologically really was an adventure of a lifetime.
And that’s all for now.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Myoozik
Overall I think this was a very great show. (This comment is a little long. Read the next comment for a briefer summary)
Id there is one word I would describe my experience, it would be “journey”. It was quite the journey to see how how the world evolved from the quaint early seasons to the sprawling mid to late seasons.
It was such a grand experience. And it felt so rewarding piecing together only fragments of episodes I once heard from Youtube reviews or fanfictions (they’re great but I need a foundation to understand how the characters worked).
If there is one thing that amazed me about this show it was the continuity ever since Season 1. And this made it very rewarding to see how all the characters changed as time went on.
I also had a real understanding of the characters for the first time.
Sadly for me Seasons 1 to 3, I liked but wasn’t completely invested in. I might have to rewatch them.
But for me the real treat was Seasons 4 to 9. I feel like this is where MLP really began. I was most looking forward to these seasons since they were the ones I watched when I first became a brony. I loved the interactions and the epic fights and the many exotic races the ponies encountered.
I felt like completing each season was another step to understanding greater things.
Now that I know what the show is like and the themes of this show, I might be ready to make my own MLP content. This show has also taught me about how to end a show and about worldbuilding.
So in summary it was a blast watching this whole show. And now I can actually talk about the characters with full context.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
Basically I enjoyed all of the show. And now I know the themes and character personalities and arcs. And the worldbuilding.
Even with its many flaws I can say that I admire and respect this behemoth of a show. 9 whole seasons of what I just mentioned. It’s insane but I sure am glad I witnessed it for myself.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
See I will admit that they probably shouldn’t have had it been the send-off of his discord’s character but it also does make sense and I can see what they were going for, basically deconstructing his trickster mentor antics with twilight even though his plan ironically worked. See they should have had something like this say in the s7 premiere and then we have discordant harmony which shows why hes still chaotic and the rest of the series could have been him making up for his testing of twilight going wrong and showing the resulting character development. I do wanna point some things out though, the twist didn’t come out of nowhere and it wasn’t downplayed that discord messed up, it was forshadowed all season and discord wasn’t forgiven until he put himself in harms way to free starlight so the mane 5 and spike could escape and save eq and then can be seen helping hold off the baddies by throwing rocks.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
The only question that matters is why didn’t the Windigos come back when the whole concept of pony friendship collapsed! Either there are still ponies who believe in it, or, and here’s my headcanon, the friendship between the other races (yaks, griffons, changelings, and so on) has been strong enough to keep the whole world going. ;-)
Hurra, when ponies are no longer the only factor that keeps this world going. (^ _ ^)!
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
I wonder what MLP would have been like if Season 9’s themes and conclusion was planned as early as Season 1. Obviously impossible but I guess it would make some interesting fanfic. I think it would probably improve stort arcs or even create new possibilities to explore.
@CORDZ2000
Yeah I agree. I have to admit I didn’t hate Discord’s actions in the finale as much as I thought I would have after all he really did redeem himself in part 2 of The Ending of the End. But it could have been nice to have in Season 7 especially since that felt a bit like a filler season. (To me the Season 7 finale was alright but nothing impressive. It was like the transition between 6 and 8.)
If there’s one thing I wish they elaborated on, it would be some interaction between Celestia and Discord. After all they both love their little tests.
Here’s a hot take: even if I thought Discord summoning the villians was jumping the shark, I think Discord not defeating Sombra was actually a good test. And I think it would have been funny if Celestia said “Hmph my test was better,” with a bit of a teasing smirk. But in all seriousness I think if Discord did his test without a reasonable backup plan that’s the big problem.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
On that point of Discord having a backup plan trueee, but at least in his mind like he said he saw himself as a safety net and to be honest he was when they went against sombra and with his powers the baddies would be like ants…the problem is his arrogance often bites him in his sexy a👀- the rear end and he underestimated the trio.
I personally forgive him, think it does make sense for his character and think he did enough to make up for it. I can understand the distaste for it for it though, one the teasing of grogar and him not even being real, two those who wanted to see the trio reform especially over s9 felt bad for them not getting that chance. To compensate for him messing up so badly at the end of the show, by having him do just a bit more would have helped. I know he needed to be called out regards of his intentions as your actions matter too and the road to tartarus is paved with good intentions etc etc, but I wasn’t a fan of celestia being the one to do it considering her past, sure she never brought baddies back and had them work together but STILL u know.
I think id be a bit better if celestia was in on it too or discord explained that he was trying to be a good teacher to twilight by being like celestia, there is actually a video about that from drwolf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biRtsj9MtHU&t=1s&ab_channel=DRWolf001, that I think u should check out if u want and/or if u get a chance.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide