Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post (pony version)

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
What did you think of the Season 3 two parter The Crystal Empire?
Did it live up to Return to Harmony or the Canterlot Wedding?
I don’t think I liked it when I first saw it. I was kind of annoyed for instance by the first song especially with Spike singing ruining it for me.
But that was a long time ago.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
this probably goes in more of unpopular opinions but i see sombra as a pretty weaksauce villain which is why i found it so funny to see fanart of him that makes him appear so hardcore.
Latecomer

He’s flat, and probably the the weakest pre-Starlight two-parter villain - but on the other hand, he’s effective and fearsome. Really, you could say the biggest brake on him is the show’s rating.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I just rewatched The Crystal Empire and it has good things going for it but it feels like they also didn’t do the best.
It seems like they wanted to pull off another Canterlot Wedding type of episode but it feels a little underwheling.
I found the jokes a bit distracting and there are just too many and they’re also the most basic jokes.
You would think they would go more into Cadence and Shining Armor but nah they’re just plot devices. Sombra has even less character than Chrysalis. The songs are kind of underwheling and feels like they were forced to put these songs in.
It’s like they took the flaws of the previous two parter and made it even worse.
But there are good things too: in terms of lore and creativity the Crystal Empire and Sombra is quite interesting; Spike is pretty helpful in this; and actually I kind of like the moral of Celestia’s test in which Twilight defied her own teacher’s orders for the good of the Crystal Empire.
This episode could have been really interesting if they had a better crafted story. It’s a bit of style over substance.
But this makes me wonder what is Celestia testing Twilight for? Next level of studies I wonder what that means…
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Before you can talk about The Crystal Empire, you have to talk about toys. The show was concieved as part of a lineup for a new network called The Hub, and it was also created to sell toys. I think the early staff were very much at peace with this idea. In fact, part of the fun was watching them spin gold out of corporate mandates. Rarity exists because Hasbro wanted a fashion horse, and she ended up being one of the best characters. The balloon was there to promote a toy, but the balloon itself was used in a ton of creative and memorable ways.
A Canterlot Wedding existed to capitalize of the Royal Wedding that was happening at the same time. It was a story about a fairytale wedding between a pretty pink princess and her knight in shining armour.
And it still holds up as one of the best episodes in the whole show. On the subject of toys, I still remember how much the Chrysalis plush sold for…
I think A Canterlot Wedding was the swan song for the “Spin Gold out of Corporate Mandates” era. Meanwhile, you have a lost empire, a new species of pony, dark magic, and evil king, and…
The Crystal Empire doesn’t have lore. Lore is when The Changelings adopt a pacifist culture because they feel guilty about invading Equestria. Lore is when The Hippogriffs’ holiday involves thanking the ocean for protecting them. The Crystal Empire is just trivia.
A good example of dark magic done well is Oleander from Them’s Fightin’ Herds. Her decision to defy The Order of The Horn, make a pact with Fred and use dark magic is a reflection of her conviction, and her willingness to win at any cost. In The Crystal Empire, dark magic is just sort of there, and the decision to use it doesn’t carry any weight.
A Canterlot Wedding is a story about the fear that people you care about will change or dissapear. Queen Chrysalis is the personification of those fears. She’s also a foil to Princess Cadence and Princess Celestia, with regards to love and power, respectively. King Sombra is just sort of there.
Overall, this episode represents everything I’m dreading about eventually revisitng the show; it’s cryptic nonsense that will either never pay off, or it will just beget more cryptic nonsense.
Latecomer

I am still quite annoyed that in the whole show and despite several visits to the Empire, there was never a single crystal pony worthy of being called a character.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
I’d love to see a fixfic of The Crystal Empire. It still has some interesting things going for it, but maybe add things like a better theme for Sombra.
@Background Pony #C846
Gee, rude much?
@Latecomer
It was so root for the Crystal Ponies in that episode. I didn’t find much that made me say, “these poor ponies! Save them Twilight!” No I found them annoying and devoid of any personality. I just didn’t fine em likeable at all.
Hopefully there are fanfics that makes interesting ocs.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I’ve been doing an amateur script treatment in my head, since the script for TCE feels like a first draft.
There needs to be an emotional and logicl connection between Princess Cadence and The Crystal Empire.
The Crystal Empire itself should serve some kind of purpose.
The Mane Six should be dressed for the cold environment.
Remember how the all the extra security in A Canterlot Wedding created this looming sense of danger? Imagine if The Mane Six were given some kind of briefing as The Crystal Empire came into view, to create an immediate sense of danger:
“The captain of the guard has asked me to relay these instructions. As soon as the train stops and you get off, run. Run towards the shield and do not stop running until you’re inside. Is that clear?”
The Crystal Empire only lost its ability to defend itself because Shining Armour carelessly left the protection of the shield. There should be some internal conflict about risking the safety of The Crystal Empire for the sake of protecting his sister. That would set up the theme of “Personal Sacrifice” a lot better.
Background Pony #C846
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Not quite sure how. It’s obvious he wants to color your opinion by convincing you to associate testing Twilight with that “certain character” because of his heavy bias for the character even in light of their actions later, which have been seen as indisputably foolish by even some who like the character. Key difference here - Celestia told Twilight she was testing her right from the beginning.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Background Pony #C846
Ever think that someones love of something can be because they understand it deeply knowing the ends and outs.
That being said im not trying to contort anything what im saying is true, one is never called out for it and is portrayed as a messianic archetype by the story because it always works out, the other is portrayed as a antihero and is admittedly rightly called out and has to make up for it. Both have there heart in the right place of trying to help twilight grow, but only one is made to suffer for it in the series and by the fandom and only one thought they had the right to fuss at the other for it… P.s. coming from someone who likes both those characters btw.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
It’s probably my favorite of the season premieres (I haven’t really thought of the season premieres that much and should reevaluate them) mainly because of Sombra and his plan which I will repeat again and again until my dying breath, he almost would’ve won if it wasn’t for Spike tagging along.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
To the point where he got revered as a national hero in the empire, a long royal title and even an entire statue based off of him. That moment is second place to him becoming temporarily the Dragon Lord.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide