Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post (pony version)

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@DerpyFast  
I was always bothered by how it was more about the individual characters than their relationships.

For instance in Dragonshy, it feels like Fluttershy could have been with complete strangers and it would not have changed the episode that much.

I think if they would’ve focused on the relationships it could’ve been more interesting and probably make characters like Rainbow Dash more likeable in season 1. Because sometimes I wonder how they’re even friends sometimes in season 1.

Also this might get into unpopular opinions: but I always felt like establishing their friendships in the first two episodes instead of over over a whole season, made their friendship seem kind of forced. I wish Twilight would’ve been friends with say Pinkie first, and then make friends with others over time.
Background Pony #C383
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Different episodes focused more or less on different chracters and relationships - that’s pretty inevitable, I think.

And the main issue with your idea is that before Season 3 or so, the show really did not have much continuity - and even in later seasons, there’s plenty of cases of episodes having their airings moved. For that kind of interchangeability you need to fully establish your premise and cast on day one.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Yeah. I think Season One is a pretty great character study with a surprising amount of depth, but they definitely neglected setting up reusable premises and character dynamics.

Also this might get into unpopular opinions: but I always felt like establishing their friendships in the first two episodes instead of over over a whole season, made their friendship seem kind of forced. I wish Twilight would’ve been friends with say Pinkie first, and then make friends with others over time.

They had Starlight build a circle of friends over time, and I thought it worked out really well.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@DerpyFast  
Sort of related to your post, but I actually liked it that she had her own circle of friends instead of being part of the mane 6, it benefitted her and her character more
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Meanlucario  
Or you can do both; discovering who they are by watching them bond.

In Season One, it was pretty rare to see The Mane Six just enjoy each others’ company or bond over a shared interest. Pinkie and Rainbow bond over pranking, and Rarity and Fluttershy both go to the spa, but that’s about it IIRC.

@Myoozik

Absolutely. “Student Counsel” is on my list of all-time favorites.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
If Faust wanted the show to be more “adventure centric” wouldn’t it have made more sense for the first season be about stopping NNM?
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@WyrmSpawN  
She wrote the first three episodes and set up the groundwork so it just struck me as odd that she would end that plotline so quickly. I’m just trying to think of why she would, assuming it was her choice.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Brass Beau  
I always wondered. I always found these first three episodes to be really awkward in their execution. It feels like they were in a rush to set up all the elements for the later parts of the show.

I think you can still have slice of life WHILE having the looming threat of Nightmare Moon.
97blackbird

@Brass Beau  
Just because she wrote the first three episodes doesn’t mean those were the first three episodes she wanted.  
I don’t know for sure, but Hasbro may have wanted a more episodic series over a continual adventure and vetoed her original plans.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
One of my favorite moments is from season 1’s Over a Barrel episode. When the girls are just talking in the dark,Fluttershy wanting to be a tree, and Rarity screaming at them to be quiet. It’s one of those moments where the main characters genuinely feel like friends.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@DerpyFast  
I just personally wish it didn’t go for the overused “Starlight feels guilt and remorse so she apologizes” formula that’s standard for her eps, but other than that, I really enjoyed it as well. Wouldn’t have minded seeing more episodes with this group, with or without Terramar.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Myoozik  
There were a couple of things from the 8-9 era that made me go: “Ok, can the show just be about this from now on?”

>Rarity and Rainbow Dash’s bond in “The End in Friend”  
>Starlight’s circle of friends  
>The Legion of Doom
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide