Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post (pony version)

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
Care to provide evidence of those claims? And outside of Twi’s flashback, when was she called that?

Welcome to keeping track on time in MLP. Think of it like Jedi being seen as kooky religious people in the Star Wars OT.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
That when you take in account of Luna’s other appearances and that Magic Sheep takes place in season 5, it’s problems become much more apparent, especially when you remember that Celestia exist and is the one Luna hurt most.
Latecomer

@Meanlucario  
I don’t know if she was any othe times - but as you point out, for a long time her magic far surpassed any other unicorn in the show, so what reason is there to doubt those words? (Besides, if flashbacks are called into question then that totally redraws the lines on the NMM debate.)

And a thousand years is a lot more than twenty. I don’t doubt that time can weave legends, but nothing says their only basis need be events shown on screen.

@Meanlucario  
Whether you feel Celestia and Luna have issues they need to resolve is a related but separate matter. Even if she is the one Luna hurt most, her sense of guilt is clearly generalised. And certainly it’s understandable that Luna would not want her involved in the episode’s events at all.
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
Starlight Glimmer: sigh  
Trixie: What’s wrong Starlight?  
SG: I just feel I wasted my youth.  
T: C’mon, I don’t think it was that bad.  
SG: I was an emo teen and a cult leader.  
T: Wow, ok, maybe you feel a bit of a downer, but hey, you still have a bright future ahead.  
SG: Yeah, but still, I wish I could have done some other dumb teenager things.  
T:…..  
…..  
…..  
Wanna join a cheerleader team?  
SG: Fuck YES!!!!

I feel I was drunk when I thought this, except I dont drink any alcohol.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
Seeing as we only saw Ponyville and not town/cities that empathizes on magic more than the basics, that sounds like looking at a pond and saying that what lives there is what lives in the ocean.

And what reason do you have to say that there is more to it?

Because God forbid that Celestia get meaningful screentime in a Luna episode. Seriously, they could have included her with no problems, and it could have made the ep better since again, she’s the one who Luna hurt the deepest. If Luna needs anyone to forgive her, it’s Celestia.
Latecomer

@Meanlucario  
I would agree, if we had not heard spoken exposition on the matter by characters from the center of magical learning in all the land.

Furthermore, aren’t you saying “Just because we didn’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not there” out of one hand and “what we saw is all that can be considered” out of the other?

And while Celestia was in need of roles, having her in the episode would either have made it substantially about her in a way that would likely have rendered it almost unrecognisable, or very much underserved her. And I’m pretty sure she forgave Luna 999 years ago, anyway.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
Again, direct quotes?

No, just that we saw what NMM did and shouldn’t make leaps base on fanworks.

Again, the ep is focus on Luna’s guilt, and the only one she would need to hear a direct forgiveness from is Celestia, the one she hurt the most. And a good writer wouldn’t have Celestia in the foreground. As Josh said, they could had her being the one keeping the thing in the dreamworld after Spike secretly sends her a message. Of course, a good writer might have also not make Luna the one who created it to harm herself every night and instead either found it or it was made by her regret/fear and she is doing what she can to keep it at bay.
Latecomer

@Meanlucario  
Besides Celestia’s statement I already quoted, there’s also Twilight and Spike’s conversation in Boast Busters.

Spike: Twenty-five, Twilight. Twenty-five different kinds of tricks and counting. I thought unicorns were only supposed to have a little magic that matches their special talents!
Twilight Sparkle: True, for ponies whose talents are for things like cooking or singing or math. But what if a unicorn’s special talent is magic?
Spike: Like you, Twilight, and you know a ton of magic.
Twilight Sparkle: Oh, Spike, stop. I’m sure there are lots of ponies right here in Ponyville that know just as much magic as me.
Spike: Are you kiddin’? I don’t think there’s another unicorn in all of Equestria with your kind of ability, Twilight.

(It should be noted that Twilight’s last line is in context clearly a statement of feigned modesty.)

Now granted, this exchange mainly exists to set up the appearance of Trixie - but while she may come close for Twilight in flexibility, without an Amulet she pales in comparative raw power.

We saw Nightmare Moon do things. We also saw Luna feel a lot guiltier than she should be for those things. Whether one just treats her as over-prone to guilt or considers she may have cause is a matter of personal preference.

And Luna needs to forgive herself here - being fogiven by others, Celestia or not, misses the point. And her having crafted it herself is not bad writing, just angsty.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
It’s said by Spike, who tends to build up Twi when he isn’t the buttmonkey. And Trixie is a stage performer. That’s like comparing a high school nerd with a college professor.

Moreso evidence, since what did NMM did on-screen that warrants Luna going full sad-fic?

And it is bad wringing. It’s the writer who decided that she should be tormenting herself with a creation she made purely to harm herself with. And why should a town of ponies she shared one night with help her more than the sister she betrayed?

Lets just stop this, since we have better things to do than continue to hit our heads against wwalls.
Latecomer

@Meanlucario  
By Spike and Celestia, the former of whom grew up around the greatest concentration of powerful unicorns in all Equestria and the latter of whom has been part of that for a very long time, and is presumably well-informed of notable figures besides.

Well it depends on Luna’s emotional sensitivity - but one reasonable extrapolation is that she didn’t. Which is just a step away from “well, perhpas she did things off-screen.” After all, before Season 4 pretty much all her history as Nightmare Moon was offscreen, but it still had impact.

What level of angst/self-harm is warranted is a personal opinion, but I’m pretty sure people cut themselves for much pettier reasons. And they can help precisely because they don’t have a massive complicated mess of feelings between them - they just generally like and approve of her.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

What Luna actually did is more important than what she could have potentially done, […].

Hurting Celestia didn’t just happen in a vacuum. It was a symptom of deeper, unresolved issues.

Let’s say you run a food truck, you start slacking on safety protocols, and you give someone food poisoning. You don’t just apologize to the customer and call it a day. You recognize that you screwed up, and how severe the consequences could have been. Then you resolve to never let yourself slack again.

NMM isn’t just “Oh she hurt Celestia isn’t that sad?”. It’s that she allowed herself to reach that point in the first place, and all of the fallout that ensued. The point is that from Luna’s perspective, what she did was so terrible that she can’t forgive herself. That’s what the Tantabus represents; beating yourself up over something you did in the past. The episode wasn’t about Celestia forgiving Luna, it was about Luna forgiving herself. And the moral about forgiving yourself works because the citizens of Ponyville are more affected by her punishing herself than by anything she actually did as Nightmare Moon.

That’s the point.
SD50-2
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Bat Pone Fan
Ya know, I almost wonder if Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep was originally being pinned before the Season 4 opener.  
Because, if Luna’s rebellion had been left vague, Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep probably wouldn’t be as highly debated.

Also, as a side note, Luna does seem to display her emotions a bit more strongly than most other ponies (take Luna Eclipsed, for example).
Latecomer

@SD50-2  
Not necessarily before, but quite possibly without watching - after all, the story of Nightmare Moon and it’s impact on Luna was known well before that.
user4897
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

if MLP Movie final battle is made as a GTA V mission, here’s what they look like

Playing as Capper, he’s supplied with AK-47, sticky bombs, pump shotgun and flamethrower by default

Sneak past the storm creatures  
Ambush the creatures when ready  
They’re alerted! Now take out the storm creatures  
Toss a weapon to Pinkie  
Defend your team  
The ponies are under attack! Protect them  
Destroy the attackers’ vehicles

SWITCH to Twilight

(A cutscene of StormKing betraying Tempest will play, and the player is now controlling Twilight. A Combat MG and a sniper rifle appears in the balcony for the player to pick up)

Break free from the cage and pick up your ammunition  
Defend Tempest  
More storm creatures incoming! Eliminate them before they destroy your friends  
Watch for the Tornado!  
Take out the attackers  
SWITCH to Capper

(Switching back to Capper, he’s now fighting by himself, as the team successfully made their way to the castle)

Finish off the remaining attackers  
Go to the castle

(You will watch another cutscene with Twilight and Storm King sucked into a Tornado, but Twilight comes back after a brief fight)

Finish Storm King

(after Twilight shoots Storm King, he will fall to his death from the balcony and drop bundles of money, as well as a briefcase containing the staff)

Collect the cash and the magic staff  
Enter the throne room  
Revive the princesses

A final cutscene will play, and the mission is complete

Gold Medal Objectives:  
Firebreathing Cat : As Capper, kill 15 enemies with the flamethrower  
Marksman Princess : As Twilight, kill 15 enemies with a headshot  
Sniper Rescue : As Twilight: Rescue hostage ponies by shooting the storm creatures with a sniper rifle  
Stormy Rampage : Reach a total of 50 kills in the mission  
Capper Carnage: As Capper, destroy enemy vehicles with the supplied Sticky Bombs
user4897
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

@DarkObsidian

In my version, she’s just an NPC and we’re only told to hand over a weapon to her due to running out of ammo (costing you 100 rounds of that weapon), then you can see a brief cutscene of her shooting several guards in rage before the mission continues.

Only two playable character on this mission: Capper and Twilight. Both have Michael’s special ability
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide