Viewing last 25 versions of post by Spectator in topic Starlight Glimmer- What is the opinion of her still?

Spectator

"[@Ring Team":](/forums/pony/topics/starlight-glimmer-what-is-the-opinion-of-her-still?post_id=4963746#post_4963746
)  
The point I was trying to get across is that Starlight Glimmer's dependence on magic to solve her problems is something that the show does consider to be a character flaw, and that Every Little Thing She does is the first major step in getting her away from that habit. I referenced other instances of her relying on magic to show her progression in this regard, from her pretty much defaulting to it in season 6, to her defaulting to it but on herself instead of others in All Bottled Up, to her not trying magic until getting the full context of the situation and trying to have it be talked out in A Royal Problem.

Also, I don't really see how power fantasy really fits into a show where attempts to power through problems through magic or brute force make things worse. This can be seen as far back as Winter Wrap-Up with the snow plow scene and even in the series premiere where the elements of harmony manifested through Twilight's new friendships, and it holds true in later episodes as well, such as Rainbow Dash's attempts to stop winter from coming in Tanks for the Memories.

%And yes, I was the background pony who previously responded, sorry. Forgot to click that box.%
Reason: forgot to click the "Anonymous" box in my previous post. whoops!
Edited by Spectator