Starlight Glimmer Appreciation Thread

MegaAnimationFan
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

I got a something I wanna share

Since no one thinks Starlight’s backstory works even on a surface level, I thought of taking what we’ve been shown about the incident, her bond with Sunburst, and even her upbringing (including her being a latch key kid) and showing it from a different point of view. Sure I’ll add one little experience post abandonment where she could easily shrug it off but takes it to heart because it confirmed her fears, but that’s all I’ll add. Everything else is from canon and what the show staff said. I do all this not to “fix” her backstory. I have this idea because I think it’d be interesting to dive into her character since the fandom and even the show staff seldom do it.

I am however in a pickle. I’ve never written before and this could easily go wrong as it did for the writers. At best I see people thinking my version of the backstory is better. But that’s an issue because I did nothing different, all I did was dive more into it, so I’ll be at best flooded with mixed messages and at worst making a fool of myself trying to shed some light on an overhated, under analyzed and heavily misunderstood plot point and get people to be more open minded about it.

I’m literally at a loss here
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide