Starlight Glimmer Appreciation Thread

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@landshark15

So if I understand you correctly, Starlight accepts a time penalty after the Season 5 Finale, but remains true to her ideals of Equality? Only this time, no pressure? Hm, I’d ask where I could join her new cult. ;-)
radostt

Letting go of the past
@landshark15  
Sort of like Zaheer from LOC? But without bad ass air bending. I think she is doing pretty ok for the only pony that can control time and minds. Plus she brought a hole new fantasist of combining spells. Why dump that? I think she really cares about her friendships in the show, and I think her in the moment is more relatable. Starlight is chaotic good, and some of her actions can be taken as mischievous. Starlight is also the only other pony that is in balance with their dark side other then Twilight & fluttershy. Part of her friendship lessons is Starlight learning to let go of her guilt. Its a common theme in the show for villains to do this before they can become good. It’s about being in balance, and therefore harmony with your dark side. And letting go of the past, to overcome fear.
radostt

Letting go of the past
@DarkObsidian  
No, more like causing a havoc to villains to make up for her past. Some people consider anyone part of society to be a villain, but she considers people wanting to destroy pony way of life to be a villain.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
So apparently “Long Glimmer” is a meme now. I love it.

I know right? I just found out about this meme today and I’m baffled as to how.
Background Pony #6136
@radostt  
I understand that, though what I propose still ties into some of the character development she goes in subsequent seasons. “Every little thing she does” with using spells, that’s where her not relying on the spells, instead inspiring her followers comes in. “All Bottled Up”, she could learn to not be focused on getting revenge on Twilight and instead just focus on her own goals. “To there and back again” she could still deal with her guilt over her season 5 self by applying a more benevolent leadership, being less power hungry and more focused on actually helping those in need. She could still have her balance aspect if they show her dealing with her anger, magic prone and megalomania issues. Of course some episodes like the Crystaling and No Second Prances would be different as this Glimmer wouldn’t be with Twilight and gang. Maybe Sunburst visits her in jail and him talking to her is what gets her to change her methods.
radostt

Letting go of the past
@Background Pony #4E42  
You are so all over the place that some of what you are writing in incomprehensible. Lots of focus huh? In “all bottled up” what you are saying is that in your version, she is focused on not enacting revenge.  
You believe in “all bottled up” its focused on her own selfish goals, but it actually focused on her own emotions. It just does’t work to say Starlight is bottleing her emotions that make her want to enact revenge on Twilight; I get that she never time traveled in this version. What is the release, why does she give up her revenge for twilight?  
“to there and back again” is about Starlight’s fear of becoming evil and twisted again. Starlight doesn’t know if she can trust herself with power. Starlight also demonstrates embarrassing what makes your subjects special.  
Starlight is not power hungry in “to there and back again” at all, shes just a leader. The point of the show is not to “deal with her anger”; its to let it go. The point of “no second prances” is accepting help from your friends. The issue was never Sun Bust; it was Starlight’s own twisted ideas of what a perfect society is.  
The point is to let go of your opinions when they are inferior to better ones; From your friends or from your subjects. Starlight takes the first step when she doesn’t destroy the scroll in “the cutie remark-2”; Accepting that Twilight is telling the truth. Its like a leap of faith.
Background Pony #6136
@radostt  
I didn’t mean All Bottled Up was about her selfish goals but her anger issues. If she wanted to make Equestria equal her revenge against Twilight in Cutie Remark doesn’t help her at all but satisfy her ego. It’s like in Wander Over Yonder, Lord Hater could just conquer the galaxy if he stopped obsessing over Wander and wanting revenge. The point is her anger is what tilted her to go off track, so if she could settle her anger issues she would see when revenge is unnecessary. That and her anger is what partially led her to do some terrible things like time travelling that led to disaster in Equestria, which would lead to her feeling guilty of her past.

As for the guilt part, it’s pretty much the same thing here with “she fears she’ll be evil again”. Here she still holds on to her ideals but doesn’t want to stoop to such methods she did in season 5.

As for her being powerhungry, no I don’t think that was the primary thing in “There and back again”, I meant that she was literally powerhungry back in the S5 premiere. She demonstrates a suspicious interest towards Twilight’s cutie mark and she ruled more forcefully. She could instead try to adjust a more benevolent rulership, one that doesn’t use spells or force. One where she doesn’t betray her ideals over such power or bounty.

As for her opinions that’s what ultimately her flaw she retains. She’s too stubborn to throw away her ideals.
landshark15

@skyland  
At the beginning it’d just be her in jail and her gang members so it’d just be “Our Gang” instead, of where the warden and other gangs go nuts having to hear it every time.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide