Starlight Glimmer Appreciation Thread

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Best walk in the show ever. Change my mind. ;-)
Habba, Habba, Flubba… (drool) Um, I need to take a quick cold shower. At 2 o’clock in the morning. DRINGEND!!! SERIOUSLY!!! ;-D
I’ve been thinking about whether to post it. But I thought, ne, wait and see. (grin)
Northern Verve

The Starlight from my ask blog cameo’d in Ask Green Lantern Apple Bloom having their own Starlight meet. It’s simple for GLAB Starlight. Though IDOTS requires a lot of explaining. Even with just linking the four most relevant chapters to it, it takes quite a bit more context to know what’s going on. But thought I’d link those 4 particular anyway.
I may have already said it earlier in this thread or at least certainly in others. It is a bit of a shame we never officially got how Starlight got her mark (Not even in the IDW comics when other villains, former or otherwise, had their backstory covered). It turned out to be a blessing in disguise for me as I enjoyed putting my own spin (Though how IDOTS Starlight is not how I’d guess it happened in canon for some obvious reasons) on it. But as I’ve mentioned before, it’s part of how I’ve come to realize Starlight feels like so much missed opportunity. However, at least I’m appreciating her more then I did before. Also as I’ve said before, I feel healthy discussion Starlight provides some oppurtunity to help G4 discussions continue even as G5 goes on, quite possibly with little-to-no references to Starlight.
Spoilery note:The Equestria Girls movies were not canon to I Dream of Twilight Sparkle, and in context Sunset is much older then the Sunset we know. She and Twilight’s mom were fillies at around the same time in this universe. Thought it’d be important to try to reduce the objections to Sunset being not just Starlight’s mother but deceased (having died pretty young.) that I’ve gotten a few times in comments on some of my work here and there from those who didn’t get the full context
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Buahahahahahaha! ;-D
Okay, that one really made me laugh now. All hail to the might forces of Stalliongrad!
(says the Changeling/Griffon player) ;-)
Given the Ukraine war, perhaps not the best way to deal with Starlight’s past, but… Meh. I think we’re old enough to understand the context, and forgive this faux pas. Let’s think of it as satire, please.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide