Starlight Glimmer Appreciation Thread

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@MegaAnimationFan
Starlight’s the perfect combination of being responsible, orderly and leaderlike like Twilight while having a fun, daring and somewhat sexy side like Trixie.
She’s probably seen by her students as a “hip and modern” headmaster kind of like JFK, a mare who’s seasoned through and through but not so dog gone seasoned that she won’t try something new.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I really like this.
@DarkObsidian
I mean, while she had them surrounded right before doing it, and she lost in the end, Starlight did more or less defeat/blindside all of them in a 1v6 via her ambush. It’s not just the fact that she’s powerful. She had to be quick-witted to be a threat, in part, and she more or less had to get used to functioning on her own fast in order to be a contender, especially after her debut.
It’s kind of refreshing in a way that she didn’t really get “nerfed” after being reformed.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
A very good objection and a very good concluding sentence at the end.
Personally, I see Starlight Glimmer as being as naturally powerful as Twilight became through strenuous study. And this is where the plot armor kicks in. Never would a story, no matter who wrote it, be so satisfying that the talented surpasses the hard-studied. That’s something people instinctively dislike. For such a reason Achilles had to die. I mean, what significance would the fall of Troy have had if all the great ones didn’t die in the end? Except the smart ones. It’s the way man tells stories. In another universe, Starlight might have wiped the floor with Twilight. (grin)
But here’s my personal opinion: I like it and I like it VERY much when the supposedly bad guys turn good later. Not in an unbearable way. Not a complete 180° character twist. That’s why I think Starlight was actually handled very well over the course of the show. She was the pony that was missing. Not the seventh ranger. But a unicorn that needed to find her place in the world, learn to see her own flaws, and learn to manage her powers.
And I thought it was actually quite good that the duel with Chrysalis had ultimately led to her defeat. Not because she was incapable. Okay, you could talk about the go away from explosion move now, but hey, I thought it was cool. Very cool, in fact. It was a deserving scene. But since Chrysi was poweruped in the scene anyway, I was able to put up with everything that followed very well. :-)
My opinion remains: Starlight had the size, the power, and the personality to simply be stronger in combat than the Mane 6. But that’s not to throw a shade here. Spike was always the seventh ranger for me. Starlight, to me, was just always a size in the show that I never would have expected before. I’m very grateful to have been able to experience it. Starlight best pony. Change my mind. Especially in the constellation Starlight/Trixie and Starlight/Sunburst. ;-D
Should G5 develop as I hope, we will get to see at least one more big Starlight reference. And should that happen, I will throw myself on the floor in front of it and worship it ;-)
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training

I guess being in isolated wildnerness makes Starlight awkward to these types of things.
@DarkObsidian
I think she’s too iconic for the show to not at least give her a cameo. I bet she will mentioned in some backstory.
Honestly even though Sunny has Twilight’s love of knowledge in her, I also think of Sunny as having Starlight’s daring and rebellious nature. Also Sunny wants to change the world just like Starlight originally did.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Oh! One of my very first favs. Unfortunately a DeadSource.
It’s admittedly a little dark, BUT… it’s on point. ;-)
A question for the thread: should grimdark images actually be posted in spoilers, or is that ok? Personally, I can deal with something like that, but somehow it doesn’t seem quite right to me. Maybe I just got too sensitive. :-/
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

I’m on a Harry Potter marathon since yesterday and I’m always reminded that Dolores Umbridge and her tyrannical method of teaching students reminds me of Season 5 Starlight by a margin.
At least Starlight Glimmer was a more tolerable control freak than this piece of shit pink Karen! >:D
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide