Starlight Glimmer Appreciation Thread

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

seventh layer of hair
Havent been in the pony threads for a long long while because my interest in ponies have rapidly descended just only this year due to paying attention into a more relevant and realistic lore than fiction so maybe now it’s the time to act if I give this show a second and final chance for appreciation. It’s all up to fate at this point where my destiny would lead me ahead on my future on this fandom.
I still love My Little Pony from the bottom of me heart.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Man her old manestyle from Season 5 makes her look like a middle aged mare. I used to think Statlight was like 40. But seeing the rest of the episodes especially since she has a middle aged mother, I personally think she is in same age range as the Mane Six, perhaps she’s 23.
I bet that was intentional. Dictator Starlight wanted to look older and more mature than she really was.
  1. To boost her ego about being wise all knowing ruler.
  2. To make the other villagers of Our Town think of her as wise capable mother figure who would have the skill and maturity to lead them to harmony.
But in reality Starlight was not as mature as she let on. She was still a confused lost young mare who tried to act more mature than she really was. That kind of shows how immature she really was in that way.
Once Starlight was reformed though, she wanted to look more like an average young mare. A friend not a distant mother figure. And only then was she able to learn true maturity.
Well that’s my headcanon/essay of Statlight Glimmer. Personally I like her with her new mane more. It feels more casual and friendly not distant and authoritarian.
MegaAnimationFan
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Great analysis. I feel that’s less of a theory and more something more intentional on the writers part. Considering how her upbringing was (having a doting father who coddles her constantly) would explain her lack of maturity and everything in her village/cult was all an act. The staff, her lack of a cutie mark, her friendly persona, basically everything except her ideals. What she believed in was the only thing she was being honest about at that point in time
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide