Star Swirl the Bearded

Background Tiger

I’m starting to wonder if we’ll ever get to see him. I know the show has a problem with mentioning something that sounds interesting and then just letting it go but this guy sounds pretty important to me. Well, it’s still early in the season so maybe they’ll surprise us.
ClownDicks
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Itsthinking  
Clearly, he finished tons between all the womanizing.

I’m still fond of my joke theory that Celestia refused to reward him like she’s rewarded Twilight and did everything in her power to put him in obscurity after his death because she’s still pissed he friendzoned her.
Dr Outback
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

It would be hilarious if he turned out to be a complete jerk that never finished spells because he was a womanizer or something.

That is the first theory of Star Swirl I actually liked. I Hated the idea of him being evil but I can totally see him being a jerk or hardass
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Starswirl was a later addition to the show so there’s more chance that the current writers will do something more with him.  
I don’t think he’ll turn out to be anything particularly surprising or original, based on their handling of the past in the s4 first episode, and it’s already been established that he’s basically Equestria’s version of Merlin(/Gandalf/Dumbledore). There’s a small chance we may actually see him in person/action though. (In the IDW comics, if nowhere else.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide