Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Hey Fluttershy  
Now Fluttershy is reading them  
Caballeron wrote a book?  
Fluttershy!  
Theme  
I’m in a bad mood because I have no bed and my brother woke me up and refuses to let me sleep  
Is that his backstory?  
And here she is  
531 stages  
And there goes the fanbase  
Ask Caballeron  
Hypocrisy much?  
Is Rainbow Dash biased?  
And now we learn his backstory  
This is exaggerating  
How can you misspell Flutershy?  
And now Peach Fuzz has to come along too  
Caballeron is either lying or a woobie  
A picnic?  
And it’s the kitten that does the scaring  
So, the Element of Honesty then?  
You know, it may be gray & grey…  
Fly-ders again?  
It’s George!  
Really, guy, RD is just a fan  
Spiral Staircase  
Of course  
Naturally, she’s the Element of Kindness  
One small pillar in exchange  
And he was lying… Or was he?  
Now what?  
Gargoyles in Bangladesh?  
Cursed artifact, that’s how  
Now what?  
Now his side of the story, I guess?  
So he’s just a bad guardian?  
A moral they’ll break before long…  
And he wrote a book, too  
Not what we wanted, I guess, but not a bad episode, though I wouldn’t know…
Background Pony #0162
@cheezedoodle  
As usual, you’d rather immediately deflect to name-calling and faux moralizing than accept any criticisms as legitimate. Some “moderator” you are.
Background Pony #0162
@Latecomer  
Why should you being known anonymously as “Latecomer” give your views more weight? There’s no difference.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #80A3  
I suppose tha’s fair, given that your identifier does seem to remain consistent between posts at least.No answer to the other charge, of trying to write off all who disagree with you as thoughtless and weakminded?
Candacefan29
Thread Starter - /forums/pony/topics/season-6-episode-discussion
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Go Watch Helluva Boss
…so, uh, has anyone here brought up the fact that Dragonball Super’s newest {manga} main arc villain is eerily similar to Tirek?  
full
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@MrXemnas1992

You can also say Tirek is like Cell, in that they drank people drained their magic and were after the Androids Alicorn Magic to gain their Perfect Form huge physique.
Candacefan29

Go Watch Helluva Boss
@AC97  
The difference is that unlike Cell, Moro came after Tirek:  
An ancient powerful centaur goat sorcerer imprisoned for millennia in tartarus space prison, until he breaks out and begins absorbing magic life energy to get stronger and bigger younger.
Candacefan29

Go Watch Helluva Boss
@AC97
The difference is that unlike Cell, Moro came after Tirek:
An ancient powerful centaur goat sorcerer imprisoned for millennia in tartarus space prison, until he breaks out and begins absorbing magic life energy to get stronger and bigger younger.

even down to wearing a hooded cloak when old, eating the energy he absorbs, and having a honking big pair of large horns.
Background Pony #0162
@Latecomer  
You obviously didn’t read my original post. I said, essentially, that certain people judge episodes on their quality and merit, while others would rather ignore quality and sweep objectively bad writing under the rug - all while attacking those with thoughtful opinions. By definition, what the second group does is “thoughtless” - they would rather put the show staff on an absurd pedestal, ignoring anything that disrupts their narrative.

The fact that these people view any discussion of their behavior as a personal attack is very telling.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@EotD

That’s not the point.

I know King Piccolo was a gigantic asshole, but at least he cared to a degree about his “children,” enough to make it a point for him to avenge their deaths.

Tirek…? Well, he obviously didn’t care that much about his brother, did he?

Okay, main reason I’m deadset on the Tirek/Cell comparison is that both of them have four forms (sort of): Imperfect Cell, Semi-Perfect, Perfect, and Super Perfect.

Tirek has his decrepit form, his muscular albeit small horns form seen in most of S9, his “horns arched up” form, and his gargantuan form with the mohawk.

Does King Piccolo have that sort of similarity, along with the ability to absorb power with lifeforms?

No.
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
@AC97  
First off, do I need to mention Tirek’s Grandmama?

And as for form change

Old Piccolo  
full

Rejuvenated King Piccolo:  
full

Now I will give you his method of energy gathering is indeed like Cell but pretty much everything else falls far more in line with King Piccolo.

Trapped in confined space for a long time? Check

Placed in there by an ancient master? Check

A demonic king who believes the world is his possession? Check

Has a desire for wanton destruction? Check

Has a comedic sidekick who was also a previous villain who he uses until he’s gained enough power to casual discard them? Check

Once he has his power, goes to the ruling castle to take over the country? Check

Blows up a building while fighting, creating a desert wasteland? Check

Uses the heroes friends as hostages to get the hero to surrender and give up their power? Check

Is defeated by an unexpected power up by the hero which ends their threat? Check
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
I always thought that king Piccolo was less Evil and More “Humanlite” Selfish that devoloped while the Namekian watched Humanity and was influenced by them

Which is why Piccolo was redeemable
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide