Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
In regards to G5, I’d rather that they don’t do the three dimensions thing because it separates characters from each other, meaning a really cool supporting unicorn will never meet a really cool supporting pegasus. Yeah yeah, alicorns will be able to move between dimensions at will, but something is lost with that setup.

There’s been no mention of alicorns whatsoever. Good. Keep it that way. Please.

From the basic outline, the barriers are knocked down in the very first episode of the show, and from then on everyone can move freely. I’m guessing the theme will be culture shock, rather than standard ‘Friendship’, and learning to embrace difference.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Free the Tantabus
@Philweasel  
Still sounds meh. I, for one, like alicorns as a concepts, but it seems I’m alone on that. And Earth Pony Twilight makes literally no sense- why? Why purple smart? An erudite using magic makes sense, what is she going to do now? At least we get pegasus Ponk, that is how that always should’ve been.
Background Pony #EC3F
We better figure out what is canon or what is not. When the show ends in S9 and comics and EQG will still ait, theres going to be trouble. Lets just assume no Mane6 ships gets canon. What happens when comics continue the story and make wedding story between Discord or Fluttershy? What if EQG episode travel to Equestria like in Spring Break and canonize Flash and Twilight? Will they be considered canon?
Background Pony #EEA5
@Philweasel  
Good point.

Also, about Gen 5…this isn’t terribly original, but what if, going forward, they used four tribes from the start (earth ponies, Pegasi, Unicorns and Sea Ponies) and each one had elemental powers (as in earth ponies are basically earth benders, and have mastery over all land animals, while Sea-ponies are water benders with Aquaman’s power over sea creatures) and they are all what’s running equestria (which is now a full planet).

It’s not original I know but it would give every tribe an equal role…possibly.

The alternative dimensions could work too I guess.
Background Pony #EEA5
@Philweasel  
If crash bandicoot has taught me anything, it’s that weird science and magic can coexist quite happily in the same setting.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
If crash bandicoot has taught me anything, it’s that weird science and magic can coexist quite happily in the same setting.

I love magic and weird science coexisting. Too many shows lack imagination in balancing their powersets.  

And hey, maybe Twilight can actually be Purple Smart, instead of Purple Blessed By Bullshit Deus Ex Machinas.
Background Pony #EEA5
@Dustcan  
Ha, good point!

In my fic that’s been languishing in development hell, I was aiming to have a Pegasi scientist and inventor who used lightning to power his devices.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
That’s a nice Twilight. :)
I’m actually starting to slowly come around to these ideas…

I’ll note that we shouldn’t get too attached to these ideas. This was from a pre-pre-pre planning meeting some two years ago, between a bunch of overcaffeinated suits stuck inside a hot office until they hallucinated something that would sell some toys.

A lot could have changed between then and 2020.
Background Pony #EEA5
@Philweasel  
Maybe they decided to stick with gen 4 since then…he says in hope. XD

Does anyone ever write a pony fic set in their own worlds? Because I quite like my elemental one. Might have to do something with that.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I feel like as far as continuity and retcons go, the staff often have to ask themselves “Is this something we take at face value, or is this just early instalment weirdness?”
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Vivace

I mean, if we really want to take everything at face value, then Rarity probably should’ve been killed in S1, when Rainbow Dash saved her and a few others with a Sonic Rainboom and did a sharp 90° turn, for instance.

See how taking things too seriously can take a bit of fun out of things?
Summersong
Duck - Hates bronies, but is one. Go figure.
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

aka Summersong
The Cutie Map appears to be able to summon anyone in Equestria, including non-ponies. It summoned Starlight and Sunburst, and it summoned Spike.

I want an episode where it summons Celestia and Luna. They have to do a friendship mission together.
GenericArchangel
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@Fibriel  
Bonus points for meta humor.  
“Sister, is this going to end with us learning to appreciate each other?”  
“I thought we learned that back when Starlight came around… and after you got back from the moon…”
Summersong
Duck - Hates bronies, but is one. Go figure.
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

aka Summersong
@GenericArchangel

Luna attempts to handle the friendship problem uber-professionally (which, of course, is not How To Friend) while Celestia loses track of the goal and gets carried away with the adventure. (She’s probably outfitted with a Princess-sized pith helmet and her crown on top of it.)

Oh, and of course, the instant they reach their destination Luna booms out “CREATURES OF [place], WE HAVE COME TO ABSOLVE THEE OF THY SINS!” and everybody flees.
GenericArchangel
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@Fibriel  
The problem they’re supposed to solve is two foals squabbling over which one of them is better, and their first solution is to have each one spend time the least favorite, which backfires. The problem is resolved when the Sisters get frustrated and start quarreling, convincing the foals that having differing opinions isn’t reason to be mean to each other.

The pro-Luna one spends the whole episode quoting her. “The fun has been doubled!”
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
Luna and Celestia will likely end up fighting again since they clearly didn’t learn from last time
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide