Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Background Pony #2AC9

Outside of a comedy fanfic/webcomic that’s more of a parody than anything… eh… probably not a good plan.

Especially when at least one of the names you listed might try to rip someone’s throat out due to sheer rage and hatred.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
You know, I think Spur and Biscuit are the last named characters to be introduced outside the epilogue.

Also, what was Gallop J. Fry doing with the students in the epilogue? Is he their teacher? That would be a great idea.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@The Equestrian Zodiac  
He was CMC age in Twilight Time (which I still need to actually watch BTW) which is why I suggested he’s a teacher (he could also or alternatively be a sibling for all we know)

Where exactly in the epilogue is there a purple pony with a pink mane?
Latecomer

As a break from the spoiler blocks, a couple of substitution exercises.

First, rather than Sombra it’s another one of the villains who goes it alone - say, Tirek. What changes?

Second, what if it had been a restored Sombra, rather than Grogar, which had summoned them together?
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer

Tirek had Discord directly protecting him in Twilight’s Kingdom, which if Discord wasn’t behind everything, probably means he’d get stomped into oblivion, fast. The only reason that he didn’t get hunted down and stomped was because of Discord, since Celestia said as much.

He can’t mind-control anyone to our knowledge, and there’s only one of him.

As for Cozy Glow, I’m not quite sure if she could pull a direct repeat of S8, considering that those magical artifacts may or may not have been damaged or destroyed in the process of that explosion of magic. (I don’t think we’ve seen them since, have we?)

Chrysalis would obviously be damned to fail if she tried alone. She can’t just slit their throats in their sleep one-by-one, because that’s probably not extravagant enough of a revenge scheme for her.

If Sombra brought them together, then I think they would’ve still needed an artifact to help, maybe.

Then again, mind-controlled slaves do help…
Background Pony #533F
What if in the finale, Grogar used his bell to summon G1 villains like Lavan, Arabus, Crunch the Rockdog, and Squirk?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide