Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I’m not the only one who heard Grogar’s first line in “The Summer Sun Setback” as “Since you three were ‘unable’ to retrieve my Bewitching Bell,“ right?

||Maybe he’d be one of the most gullible characters in G4, if he really didn’t suspect a thing, considering how suspiciously those three were sucking up to him when they “failed” in Frenemies. ||

(Hopefully it’s not too annoying, me wanting to think about this)
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Watching “2,4,6 Greaaat” now, and I had to stop for a moment to say this:

Snails can self-levitate? That’s… something. Does a zen sort of mindset help out with that trick or something?

I never would’ve guessed that.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Alright, finished the episode… and I actually kind of… liked it?

I think that’s an unpopular opinion.

I will stand by saying that Uprooted was probably the most boring episode of the season, possibly the worst IMO.

@E-123

Yeah, Snips and Snails are much better than they were in S1. Snips being on the greedy side, but probably not to the point of being like Flim and Flam is welcome, and Snails seems like a bit of the “Forrest Gump” type, in that he doesn’t think too much, he just does something, and he could do it well.

Those two actually have entertainment value now, the hell?
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Tomorrow is gonna be really interesting as it’s probably the first time I can think of were we’ve gone into episodes completely blind
Background Pony #AAAA
So, I watched episode 17. At the end, the Legion of Doom mentioned how easy it is to turn the ponies against each other and Chrissy tried to do that by convincing some unicorns of their superiority. What if in the finale they manage to turn all three tribes against each other with the help of Grogar’s bell, causing some Equestrian civil war?
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Miss Shy

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, I think it’s a bit of interesting hidden depths, that he’s good enough to do it.

@Applelight Limited

I mean, I’m fairly sure that you can count the number of unicorns who’ve done it on barely two hands: Twilight Sparkle, Twilight Velvet, Snails, Star Swirl, Starlight, and Trixie (who obviously picked the trick up from Starlight).

I can’t think of anyone else who’s done it.

Five out of six of them are (or were, in the case of Twilight Sparkle) obviously not normal unicorns.

ETA: Oh, and baby Pumpkin Cake did it too, I guess, but baby ponies are… baby ponies.

@Applelight Limited

Much as I like to give the other races credit in terms of what they can do, I tend to think this Discord quote (in a journal he’s writing, actually is a good story) from a fanfic I’ve read very much does apply:

“when ten earth stallions go up against a unicorn battlemage, nine of them die in order to distract the battlemage enough that the tenth can get in and buck the mage’s head off.”
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@AC97

And then you have a pegasus able to go fast enough to either overpower them on their own or dodge their magic.

So it pretty much goes Earth -> Pegasus -> Unicorn -> Earth, though as usual only the magic users get to reach this point where they’re so powerful the whole concept just evaporates and any sense of equilibrium is thrown out the window.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Poison Trail

I suppose the next best thing you can do as a non-magic caster would be making it a point to be well-versed in potion knowledge.

Oh, and maybe try picking up whatever bullshit secrets Pinkie has, if applicable.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide