Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

skyland
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Already watch ep17 where’s Tempest for the fireworks section. She’s perfect for that job.

I have theory what if the bell that they have right now is just a regular old normal bell that Grogar put it there and the real one is somewhere that only Grogar know about it.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Okay, there’s a possibly meaningful detail, in Episode 17:

Discord said “It really does seem like you just might be ready for whatever comes next, your majesty,” and the very first thing you see when the scene changes, right before Cozy Glow zooms into frame, is Grogar. I think that’s a possible implication he’s gonna be the final threat.

It’s kind of like how Cozy Glow immediately showed up in Friendship University when Rarity was wondering how Flim and Flam got the book, at the end, via her opening the the door.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Wiimeiser

The subreddit My Little Redacted seems to be a good source for links.

Though if you want to do DF airings instead… don’t go down this route.
Background Pony #67BC
@PonyPon

I wouldn’t call it “damage control”. More like effective development consequential from The Point of No Return and Between Dark and Dawn. Effectively, with the exception of A Trivial Problem (of which events are mentioned in Summer Sun Setback, even Twilight herself stated “excluding that Trivia night”), Twilight didn’t freakout that much after TPONR, and she also mastered the use of the amulet thing after BD&D. The A Trivial Problem one was just an exception, they probably really wanted to make Lesson Zero Mode Twilight one last time before the end of the series.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
While I liked the celebration episode, I’ll agree that the sudden change on Twilight’s mindset was too abrupt and felt too artificial.  
Also, the evil trio is by far the best thing of this season.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@E-123  
An episode where Twilight adressed her problem and began to actively take measures to fix it through the entire chapter would have done wonders to make her new self feel less rushed, since having this calm Twilight just after an episode where she goes full neurotic is just bad direction planning.  
That’s my lone issue with this episode.

On the other hand, Fluttershy and Angel’s episode was just more of the usual meh.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide