Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

AWGear
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
@Philweasel  
Still, it could be alternate timeline. One where magic of friendship wasn’t used to beat Windigos, which made it impossible for Unified Equestria to exist.
Background Pony #EEA5
They really are doing that gen 5 thing aren’t they?

Bye-bye equestria. Was nice knowing you.

Well, maybe it’ll give EPs a chance to shine. I always thought that it was ironic that Fluttershy and rarity actually had what I’d consider to be good earth pony abilities.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Dustcan
Luna’s really wacky in a lot of those though. Like ADHD levels of exuberance. It’s really hard to marry that with broody ‘Royal Problem’ Luna, even when Royal Problem outright stole one of her stories.

Well she was the previous Element of Laughter…

I think the Journal of Two Sisters also backed this up.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
Still, it could be alternate timeline. One where magic of friendship wasn’t used to beat Windigos, which made it impossible for Unified Equestria to exist.

Looks like they’re set to actually be in separate dimensions, with no contact with each other.

…I bet $50 on Twilight being the one to inadvisably bring down the walls between worlds with mad science.
Background Pony #EEA5
I don’t know about this breaking down of the naming and tribe conventions. I quite liked the way earth ponies typically had food, plant, mineral or animal names for example. But “fluttershy” being a unicorn? That’s going to take some getting used to.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@Philweasel  
The only one who always receives the recognition he deserves is Spike wherever he visits the Crystal Kingdom, where everyone literally worship the ground under his feet.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Applelight Limited  
Maybe they can call her Posey again?

@Anonycat  
Which just makes it even wierder. Spike jumps off a roof holding a McGuffin and he’s hero for life, the others face down the embodiment of evil thirteen times and they can’t hail a bloody taxi?
Background Pony #F4C0
The crystal empire is just grateful that Spike didn’t eat them all and their houses… you know, dragons and sparkly gem-like things …  
Okay, I’ll see myself out :P
Background Pony #EEA5
@Philweasel  
Posey is more of an earth pony name imo. Which makes me wonder why they didn’t make this new version an EP.

And that’s a good point; they really can’t get no respect with a dozen or so triumphs under their hooves?
Background Pony #F4C0
@Philweasel  
@Applelight Limited

That’s what made the ponies admiring Princess Twilight at the trade exchange so great, and in Princess Spike they also all loved Twilight. Very well deserved respect I say.  
I also liked that part about Fame & Misfortune, all those fans almost everyone of them got were a cool thing to see
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Free the Tantabus
I can see I missed something big. From my experience with other franchises, I treat the comics as secondary but canon to the show. Anything said in the show is 100% true, but if the show has nothing the secondary media fills in the gaps. Hence, Sombra never reformed, but Trixie once fought Daybreaker. It’s a pretty common setup.

In regards to G5, I’d rather that they don’t do the three dimensions thing because it separates characters from each other, meaning a really cool supporting unicorn will never meet a really cool supporting pegasus. Yeah yeah, alicorns will be able to move between dimensions at will, but something is lost with that setup.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
Posey is more of an earth pony name imo. Which makes me wonder why they didn’t make this new version an EP.

Well other names considered for Fluttershy were “Summer Azure”, “Spring Blossoms”, “Petalwing” and “Meadowbrook”.

And the issue was they wanted to change up the cast somehow, but you need to keep race balance. So if you change one, two more also have to rotate. Earth pony Twilight was very popular in the writers room, but that means you have to change up an earth pony, then a pegasus pony. No one was really that keen on a unicorn Dash, Applejack (what?) or Pinkie Pie, but Fluttershy got some murmurs of interest when it was suggested.

Let’s face it, half the point of her character is that she’s a terrible pegasus who should have been an earth pony. Now she can be a terrible unicorn who should have been an earth pony instead!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide