Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
…Seriously though, does anyone else find it weird that we still haven’t had any additional titles and summaries revealed yet?
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Jarkes  
That’s right - you shouldn’t have. So stop now.

Honest to Celestia some of you are like teenagers stuck in the back seat of a car together. Next post that’s about what you don’t like about “fans” or internet personalities anything else unrelated to Season 9, especially any more bitching about much some of you can’t stand each other, gets a ban.
Background Pony #DA18
Do I get a prize for predicting that Berrow wrote this Saturday’s episode?
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Jarkes

I seriously hope Hasbro gets their shit together for this final season. I’m going to be extremely annoyed if we get the series finale months in advance.
Fwelin
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

For Sparkle’s Seven, how does it make ANY sense that Shining camping out in the throne room counts as Twilight failing the competition? The point was to get past the castle’s defenses that were added (which she and her friends did), not to somehow immediately get disqualified for some reason just because Shining saw her. Even if he somehow counts as part of the defenses (despite going to be in the Crystal Empire 99% of the time under normal circumstances), he didn’t even give her a chance to try to get past him. That’s like playing Capture the Flag, but having your team’s flag already on your side of the field when the contest starts, causing uou to instantly win. I didn’t take Shining for someone who breaks the rules for his own benefit and then acts smug about it on top of that.

On a different note, I’m also annoyed at how two different episodes have given different labels for Twilight’s and Spikes relationship (Father Knows Beast saying they’re foster mother and son, Seven’s Twilight saying they’re siblings) and without either implying it’s some kind of mix. I don’t care which it is one way or the other, but as it is, it feels like the writers for Seven’s Twilight either forgot or ignored said point in Father Knows Beast, and we went from finally having an answer after 8 seasons only for it to become ambiguous again.
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Fwelin

I feel that’s because the initial “Everybody does their thing” plan did account for those extras due to Spike and Luna’s participation, but when they reverted to Twilight’s plan it became too obvious what they were planning, and so Shining did the obvious counter of camping the throne room.

Twilight being out in the open is what forced him to consider that something was up. With everybody gone, there was just one place for them to be at.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@Poison Trail  
I still think that only counts if he had said the Sisters would get personal bodyguards at all times, explaining presence in the throne room. And that, of course, was the hole in his plan as a defense: no guards for the VIPs. Yeah sure they’re deities who are capable of defending themselves, but still.
Fwelin

@Poison Trail  
Except that “camping the throne room” is by default against the spirit of the challenge, because Shining is not one of the castle’s normal defenses, especially not in the throne room.

Even if he did live in the throne room 24/7, him just seeing Twilight would not prevent her (and her friends) from being able to retrieve the crown, so he played it grossly unfairly again. Just by him sitting in the throne room and making him seeing her a losing condition makes the challenge effectively impossible AND pointless; if a villain gets past the security and Shining is waiting there, they’re not going to surrender. The point of defenses are to keep the intruder from getting to the crown/thrones, not to just catch them in the act.

He both changed the rules without telling Twilight and acted smug for “beating” her because of it.

Imagine if were playing hide and seek with your brother where you aren’t supposed to leave the house, but couldn’t find him. Then it turns out you couldn’t find him because he biked to his friend’s house for the duration of the game, and then he acted smug about beating you. That’s what Shining did, and apparently with Celestia’s approval as well.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide