Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@Spinny

I figure it still is nothing but a science fiction concept there, but that’s Pinkie we’re talking about - going to space with a balloon sounds like something she’d want to do even if it wasn’t possible.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@AC97  
Someone tried to preemptively trash on this episode because Ashleigh Ball likes NCC and Cathy Weseluck likes Princess Spike.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
Do some consider it narcissistic to watch the show they star in, to a degree?

Most people find it hard to listen to themselves. Especially since it’s almost a year displaced most of the time, and it can be easy to cringe and think how you could have delivered a line better. Plus I doubt many of them are that into cartoons themselves, just because they happen to act in them.

Even Tara and Andrea I get the impression are only really interested in their own characters. I heard Andrea enjoyed ‘Flutter Butter’ for instance, but I doubt she’s ever seen an episode she didn’t play a major role in.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Vivace

Hah.

That’s unfortunately unsurprising. Too bad there’s really people out there that have preemptive pessimism on that level.

But that’s life.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@AC97  
I don’t think it is. Granted I can only speak as an artist, not a writer, but I absolutely love most of my artwork despite having been the one who made it. I even browse my own tag sometimes. Personally I’ve always hated the sentiment that we’re supposed to hate what we make :D
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Philweasel

True, as they say, you’re your own worst critic.

I’m pretty sure I could empathize to a degree, since I think I dislike hearing myself on camera.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Dustcan

Touché, but that’s in respect to how they might personally feel about enjoying their own performances.

True narcissism would be something like genuinely thinking you could churn out 10/10 episodes, just because you’re a fan.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Dustcan
Narcissism would be something like thinking you could churn out 10/10 episodes, just because you’re a fan.

I’m almost certain I don’t know anyone like that.

@Pudding Pone  
By far the best episode of season 9.

You’re the second person I’ve heard say that. Dude, it’s like… episode four!

I mean, it’s true, but kinda lacks meaning when we’re barely an hour into the season.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Philweasel  
I’m a dabbling musician. I listen to my own music all the time, but I go back to certain songs I once thought were great and find that they’re impossible to listen to.
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
Holy frick I loved this episode.

Takeways:

Luna and Celestia’s sibling rivalry is hilarious. Luna’s goose-stroking scene had hilarious levels of melodrama, and I loved those “I’m so pissed at you but we need to keep up appearances in public” painfully fake smiles they gave each other at the end.

The goose thing was genius, because I’ll be damned if it wasn’t a reference to the geese that saved Rome’s collective asses at the Battle of Allia by honking up a storm when the Gauls tried to attack the city at night.

God, Zephyr’s a creep.

I think it’s fairly clear that the blue mare in armor and her palette swaps are the general-purpose model for female background guards now.

Spike. Spike! Spiiiiiike. I loved Spike. I loved his acknowledgment as a Twilight sibling in full (because bite me, “Twilight family” makes a hell of a lot more sense that “Sparkle family” when only one member’s named Sparkle and two are named Twilight), I loved the episode’s theme about him being overlooked and finally being given credit, I loved him being clever and awesome. I love him.

@Philweasel  
By far the best episode of season 9.
You’re the second person I’ve heard say that. Dude, it’s like… episode four!
I mean, it’s true, but kinda lacks meaning when we’re barely an hour into the season.

I mean, this is quite possibly one of the best episodes in the show’s run, so, you know…
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Dustcan
Narcissism would be something like thinking you could churn out 10/10 episodes, just because you’re a fan.
I’m almost certain I don’t know anyone like that.

I see you’ve never read a fix-fic before.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Dustcan

I have, yes.

They, as per Sturgeon’s Law, often devolve to the author mouthpiecing through the characters, that is to say, talking through them, a lot of it due to them being frustrated at the time instead of say, writing it with a cool head.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide