Viewing last 25 versions of post by Spinny in topic Season 9 Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS, DF airings only]

Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
"[@DerpyFast":](/pony/season-9-discussion-thread-no-spoilers/post/4529500#post_4529500

)

Oh, hey, remember that time when Ahuizotl straight up tried to murder Daring Do?

>>492184p

Oh, but Lord knows, that was just part of his totally justified actions that oh-so-clearly suggest that he's a misunderstood hero and hasn't been explicitly villainous this entire time. Oh, and I have to say that the notion that unleashing the sweltering heat would have been a _*good thing_* for the valley is utterly ridiculous. That's not something the audience can reasonably infer. You want to give them the "benefit of the doubt", but what exactly have they done to earn it? Nothing, as far as I'm friggin' concerned. Because I'm more inclined to believe that the writer of Daring Doubt has never even seen Daring Don't, rather than that it was taken into any consideration when trying to ludicrously paint Ahuizotl as the good guy.

And what gets me more than anything is that this episode seemed intended to piss all over Daring Do's legacy, especially considering the ending scene which implied that no one is interested in AK Yearling's books anymore, and that coupled with the revelation that she's been a total jackass this whole time thoroughly suggests that Daring Do is pretty much over.
No reason given
Edited by Spinny
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
"@DerpyFast":/pony/season-9-discussion-thread-no-spoilers/post/4529500#post_4529500

Oh, hey, remember that time when Ahuizotl straight up tried to murder Daring Do?

>>492184p

Oh, but Lord knows, that was just part of his totally justified actions that oh-so-clearly suggest that he's a misunderstood hero and hasn't been explicitly villainous this entire time. Oh, and I have to say that the notion that unleashing the sweltering heat would have been a _good thing_ for the valley is utterly ridiculous. That's not something the audience can reasonably infer. You want to give them the "benefit of the doubt", but what exactly have they done to earn it? Nothing, as far as I'm friggin' concerned. Because I'm more inclined to believe that the writer of Daring Doubt has never even seen Daring Don't, rather than that it was taken into any consideration when trying to ludicrously paint Ahuizotl as good guy.

And what gets me more than anything is that this episode seemed intended to piss all over Daring Do's legacy, especially considering the ending scene which implied that no one is interested in AK Yearling's books anymore, and that coupled with the revelation that she's been a total jackass this whole time thoroughly suggests that Daring Do is pretty much over.
No reason given
Edited by Spinny