Season 7 Episode Discussion [Speculation, Discussion, Spoilers] (SPOILER YOUR LEAKS)

ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
Speaking of which.  
I speculate that unicorn ponies have some form of connection with dragons back in ancient times.  
Think of it as kind of like a wizard and dragon kinsman-ship.
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@09MurphyM

To hatch a dragon egg? most likely, but nothing indicates that Celestia knew of Twilight’s arrival beforehand, so she had to have been using to test Unicorns in some way or another
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Littlecabbit  
I remember one of the writers saying it was a dead egg, and the test was your classic ‘impossible to succeed’ one designed to see how you performed under pressure.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
@09MurphyM

Twilight was obviously a special case, given that she’s apparently the only one who has her very own baby dragon, while the rest of the students at Celestia’s school do not.

Unfortunately, I’ve all but given up the notion of an episode detailing Twilight and Spike’s past. I’ve come up with plenty of theories and headcanons over the years, though. One of my headcanons is that Spike’s egg was found by a researcher at the school who wanted to study dragons, so he decided to offer it up as part of the entrance exam to the next student that applied to the school, which just happened to be Twilight. However, once Twilight hatched him and realized that he was simply going to be used as a research specimen, she appealed to Celestia to save him from that, and Celestia sided with her. Twilight didn’t end up raising him herself, but she was still pretty active in his early life up until he was turned over to her.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Spinny  
You know, this is one of the few times I’m going to say this, but that goddamn comic detailing Twilight and Spike’s backstory is not canon.

So yeah, show? Retcon that shit. Recon it hard.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@EquestrianScholar  
It did make Celestia come off as straight out nuts though. I mean, great friendship lesson and all, but Twilight was an emotionally brittle preteen.

If this is her standard educational approach it explains how Sunset happened though…
hironakamura
Artist -

@hironakamura
I would like to point out that Spike would of been hounded by poenies like the mane 6 so actully he couldn’t act like Starlight did as the reason she was able to do this without them comcing up with somthing about her is she wasn’t talked of in the book.
And again, it is how people only seem to use how she acted over Rarity for the reason reason it was Spike, because it was somthing Spike would do.
Like no one else would?
Ya, nice to know people think no one else would of fit into the spot of defending Rarity…

This is the same problem with the episode. In universe elements being treated like they’re real and vice versa. Spike’s not a real person. He’s a character who’s actions are controlled by writers. Even if he was harassed, any one could write him to “rise to the occasion.” Y’know, like real protagonists do.

Spike’s role should always be handled delicately because he represents the other gender on the show. Making him look like too much of an idiot or too much inexplicably heroic hurts his character. IMO. his best performance was in Dog and Pony Show and they were never able to get the proper balance of the heroic underdog ever again.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@EquestrianScholar  
I would love that to be the case, because I really wanted to like that comic. It was just… she made Twilight a single teenage mother, while she was also dealing with a demanding university course. And despite Twilight’s grades slipping and her obviously heading for an emotional breakdown, Celestia did nothing to help. It was Inkwell who finally stepped in to give Twilight some much needed advice.
Background Pony #A27E
Fame and Misfortune in 5 mins  
htt ps://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/trekkies/n9511?snl=1%7C
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide