Season 7 Episode Discussion [Speculation, Discussion, Spoilers] (SPOILER YOUR LEAKS)

hironakamura
Artist -

@Prof.NightJack  
Spike would easily defend Fluttershy or any of his friends if he found them being threatened. What’s more interesting is I believe he had entries in the journal. He shares the burden with the situation of the main 6 ponies. Starlight does not. If Spike appears at the end with the 2 fillies, its not as jarring as a complete outsider, who isn’t even shouldering a shared burden, to suddenly seem like the one to “give peace of mind.” It just looked weird to me.
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@hironakamura  
Nah. Spike is only active with Twilight and Rarity. It was temporal with Applejack. So, Starlight was like a “fandom calmer version”.
EquestrianScholar
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

@Sunset’s Minion  
Its just that I often feel the “It’s just my opinion” defense abused. Just because it is someone’s opinion doesn’t make it right. That, and this isn’t an opinion thread and again it was a reply to the background pony complaining about Spike not being there. Yes, Spike isn’t in the episode but there is still a lot to like.

Sighs, there is just so much negativity. After finally getting another episode with Starlight I can actually enjoy given how I am generally so frustrated or annoyed every time she appears on screen it was nice to not have that as an issue. Finally, I don’t often have episodes I can actually fully say I love so seeing one such being nitpicked and complained about ruins my mood.

Which yes, I know is hypocritical to a fair extent… especially since certain fans of Starlight have to see negativity involving her. Which is all the more reason I want to continue to love Fame and Misfortune as it is an episode with Starlight I like, that her role wasn’t completely pointless or without merit.
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
@EquestrianScholar  
Just a note, if you see a BP complaining/worrying about somthing involving or not involving Spike, or anything else having to do with Spike, ignore him.  
He’s just repeating the same idea over and over, even when it’s false, “no one likes Spike episodes” “Spike is made irrelevant” “blah blah Spike blah”…
Background Pony #C625
@hironakamura

I saw it as an example of someone who benefited from the mane cast’s kindness and friendship bringing in other ponies who benefited from it.
Prof.NightJack
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
@hironakamura  
I would like to point out that Spike would of been hounded by poenies like the mane 6 so actully he couldn’t act like Starlight did as the reason she was able to do this without them comcing up with somthing about her is she wasn’t talked of in the book.

And again, it is how people only seem to use how she acted over Rarity for the reason reason it was Spike, because it was somthing Spike would do.  
Like no one else would?  
Ya, nice to know people think no one else would of fit into the spot of defending Rarity…
Background Pony #C625
I’d like to point out, btw, that Rarity was by far the one worst hit by all this.

The journal actually directly ruined her business.
Poison Trail
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Background Pony #87D3

Well, I suppose they did have to tune down how fast she was expanding, level the playing field compared to the other Remane 5. :P

Seriously though, most of the sabotaging she did herself. A boycott because she didn’t contribute enough to the lessons? Yeah, it’s probably best to chalk it up to just a couple idiots being a vocal minority. The damage definitely has been done on a self-esteem and psychological level, but then again, I do think she needed to be taken down a notch. Plus of course I doubt it’ll last past this episode anyways.
Background Pony #C625
@Poison Trail

It did give me flashbacks to certain people who just detested Rarity by missing all the point in her character. Like looking at that scene from Secret of my excess where she charmed Spike and saying she was a monster for it.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@RhodieNite  
Ha, that’s true. He really does only like unicorns.

I want to see more Spike/Starlight interactions, though now she’s not such a mess his advice has become a bit less essential I suppose.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide