Season 7 Episode Discussion [Speculation, Discussion, Spoilers] (SPOILER YOUR LEAKS)

Background Pony #77DE
I mean, Spike’s been great since S6, I don’t see why that would end now.
Background Pony #5212
I think if Spike was in last weekend episode I think the ponies would bother him too especially if some pony talk about his crush he would be torn apart like Rarity was.

Does anyone thinks so?
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Prof.NightJack

Depending on when exactly Larson came up with the story for the episode, I think it’s a fair assumption that it did not originally feature Starlight.
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
@Spinny  
I’ve said I think it was the case.  
It even felt like it was meant to have a different member of the mane 6 in the scenes where she was her.  
Also it’s still not clear how much Larson had to do with it so really it might not even have to do with what he wanted.
Background Pony #5212
@Prof.NightJack  
Thank you.It would been Random pony(Spike how come you don’t be without someone your own age).I wouldn’t know what Spike would say but he would have been really hurt by it.Am I right?
hironakamura
Artist -

@Background Pony #ED53
I do, it’s why I don’t believe the few saying how Starlight’s roles was once his.
If he really was meant to be in her place then they had to change a lot more then just who was there.

Sure. Just like in Spike at your Service, they manage to exchange Rarity’s role with AJ so easily and at last minute too. Lol. And that was a lot more complicated because both characters use very different vocabulary word choices. If Fame and Misfortune was made a long time ago when Larson was still in the production staff, it would’ve gone through dozens of editors for the final draft. Who knows. Maybe the original draft was even written BEFORE Starlight was even conceived as a character on the show.
hironakamura
Artist -

@hironakamura
Well Larson had very little to do with the show after Season 5 so any after that point had not much to do with him

Yeah. And reformed Starlight wasn’t around until season 6 so most likely she didn’t even exist in the original draft of whatever Fame and Misfortune was supposed to have been.
hironakamura
Artist -

…why was glimmer in this episode again?

Lol. To save the day, dude. Its to save the day. Any other character is just too incompetent… Wait, not incompetent. More like any other character just doesn’t care to save the day anymore. Mane 6 are like, lets hang back and be the jobbers and let Starlight do all the work.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide