Season 7 Episode Discussion [Speculation, Discussion, Spoilers] (SPOILER YOUR LEAKS)

Background Pony #4141
I’ve looked at synopses of the future episodes on Tv Tropes (yes, I know), and they have me wondering. Doesn’t it seem like there are a lot of episodes based around the Mane Six dealing with their fans in unpleasant fashion. Maybe just a quirk of the scripting this season? Or how the Tropers are interpreting them?

And this episode feels odd simply because I would think tat since the Mane Six have saved the country half a dozen times or so by now, you would think ponies would know who they are already.
EquestrianScholar
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #7366  
How has the Mane Six dealing with their fans in unpleasant fashion? Honestly, given the situations they were in, I feel that they handled themselves pretty well. Chuckles, that is apart from Rarity being more then a bit of a drama queen but even then she was losing business so it wasn’t unjustified for her to be upset.
Sunset's Minion

Love is King
Well, I’ve now seen what goes on in the episode, and my reaction?

Eh…

I think this wasn’t meant to be a way to belittle the people who watch the show, but it can most certainly be interpreted that way. The writers don’t seem to be considering that maybe some fans complain because they actually care about the show (not going to say EVERYbody is innocent in this). Sure you have the blind haters, but you also have people with legitimate concerns and make complaints as a way for the show to improve.

But that’s just my dumb opinion on things. No need to take this seriously.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Sunset’s Minion  
I think it’s pretty insulting to think any of us can give professional writers worthwhile advice. It’s like going to your doctor and telling him how to treat you.

None of us understand the technical, corporate, legal and personal pressures they’re under, and considering any three of us couldn’t decide on a favourite pizza topping any idea we have is likely to piss off the other 3/4ths of the fanbase.

I mean you can say you like or dislike something, and what you would like better. But lets not treat our opinions as anything more than that, opinions.
Kanye West
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Thicc Thighs Connoisseur
I seriously think this was another ‘throw away’ fun episode like SoL. Because honestly, I don’t think it makes much sense in the context of the show. “Twilight was better before she got wings!” I mean why would one of the Equestrians think that? A lot of them don’t even know Twilight personally.
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

@rdibp  
Everyone is going mad, or everyone is asserting a ton of damage control over this episode?

I’m not even mad here, I’m just asking you, what really happened here? because you seem to want something else to have happened here and I can’t help but sense this happens a lot, this line of, “everyone’s losing their minds” as a general statement, even when it isn’t happening at all.
Pause

World's Smallest Violin
If people are feeling insulted and sensitive about this episode then they need to learn to pull the stick out of their ass and learn to laugh at themselves.

The reality is that people have ended up taking this show far too seriously currently and in the past and it had made them lose sight of what this show is and always has been. A children’s cartoon show about pastel ponies learning about friendship and having wacky fun adventures along the way.

Stupid dramas like Alicorn Twilight, Flash Sentry, Starlight alongside stupid things such as accusation fics, shipping wars and whining about “reveal Scoot’s parents already” are goddamn toxic. If you feel insulted about this episode, use it as a wake up call.
toxicitzi
Sapphire -

@kztxl7  
oh hey look, more damage control and telling people how to act, even though nobody is reading anyone’s comments. What are the odds?

I love it when people pertaining this Positivity mantra create problems where none exist.
Pause

World's Smallest Violin
@toxicitzi  
Why are you getting so defensive?

You’re not mad so there is no need but the reality is there are people getting mad about them “poking fun at us”.
toxicitzi
Sapphire -

@kztxl7  
because the irony going on here is astounding man… do you remember how ponies were telling Fluttershy how she should be acting, or how those other ponies judged Rarity as being horrible? maybe you can learn something from that man, like not making assumptions about people you don’t know and giving abstract advice to people.

There’s nothing like living in the Present, because, you tell people where they fucked up, as they fuck up, you don’t assume they’re a fuck up right off the bat and advice fixes for problems you just assumed they have.
Pause

World's Smallest Violin
@toxicitzi  
You mean the ponies complaining because a naturally shy and timid mare didn’t suddenly change from shy and timid to naturally assertive all the time? You realize their complaints where dumb and Fluttershy’s rebuttal was perfect, right? And to make it worse those complaints are things you hear from real people about the show.

And making assumptions? Have…have you seen fandoms? This one in particular?

People sometimes need to be told how to act because the way their acting is dumb. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were people who left this fandom or didn’t want to join forum fandoms because they get on and see people acting in the same manner in which the ponies acted in the episode when all they want to do is talk with other people who enjoy the show in more reasonable manner.
rdibp
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
@MethidMan  
Me too.

We’re almost halfway through this season and there isn’t an episode yet I can consider to be bad, whereas by this point in season 6 I had like 4. :p
toxicitzi
Sapphire -

@kztxl7  
I’ve seen it, I’ve seen it happen, but I don’t see it happening right now, so talking about it is counterproductive to just about anything that’s been happening so far in the thread and worse off, it’s derailing it, a lot.

this kneejerk reaction against imaginary haters is in fact one of the reason we can’t even talk here, it always feels like some of you are just making some offhanded insults and you guys are coming out of the blue with them and for no damn reason..
Pause

World's Smallest Violin
@toxicitzi  
There are no imaginary haters. There are real haters. I can easily point you to a person who felt insulted by this episode and while his comment got more downvotes it still received some upvotes so there are clearly people who agreed with him.

And you don’t see it happening now? The fandom is smaller now so it’s not as blatant as it was with Alicorn Twilight or Flash Sentry but seriously the way people react to Starlight Glimmer should be proof that people take this far too seriously.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide