Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Pony #B776 in topic Season 7 Episode Discussion [Speculation, Discussion, Spoilers] (SPOILER YOUR LEAKS)

Background Pony #B776
"@The Smiling Pony":/pony/season-7-episode-discussion-speculation-discussion-reactions-and-spoilers/post/3266631#post_3266631
[bq="The Smiling Pony"] Some people seem very thin skinned when it comes to some light ribbing. Learn to laugh at yourself a bit; if you can't from a cartoon show, you won't be able to handle it well IRL. [/bq]
Directly referencing very specific complaints about the show is a little bit beyond "light ribbing", I'd say. Especially when some of those complaints were pretty valid, like pointing out how Fluttershy kept having episode after episode about learning to be less shy, and that lesson didn't seem to stick until six seasons into the show.

And it's not just this episode, but the fandom as a whole, expressing this anti-criticism sentiment, that rubs me the wrong way. I've had people scream at me to "_leave the fandom if you hate the show so much_", in response to me saying that I didn't like an episode.

So yes, of course I'm going to not like an episode that seems to openly embrace the anti-criticism mindset that I've seen around here for years, portraying critics as whiny babies that cry over everything in un-constructive ways.

"@Jarkes":/pony/season-7-episode-discussion-speculation-discussion-reactions-and-spoilers/post/3266633#post_3266633
[bq="Jarkes"] "@Background Pony #6E7D":/pony/season-7-episode-discussion-speculation-discussion-reactions-and-spoilers/post/3266628#post_3266628

Not your post specifically, but the show staff gets TONS of harassment over "fans" whining about every little thing, and those "fans" cry about them "ignoring criticism hurr durr".

THAT is what this episode was making fun of. The entitled manbabies who want this show to cater to them and them only. [/bq]
But why even respond to those people? Why not just ignore them? I don't give any attention to people who whine and cry about things, I only give attention to criticism that is well thought out and explained.

Even going along with what you said, that essentially means that this is a "vent" episode from the staff...rather unprofessional, I'd say, to make an episode like this. It's something I'd expect from Teen Titans Go!, not FIM.
No reason given
Edited by Background Pony #B776
Background Pony #B776
"@The Smiling Pony":/pony/season-7-episode-discussion-speculation-discussion-reactions-and-spoilers/post/3266631#post_3266631
[bq="The Smiling Pony"] Some people seem very thin skinned when it comes to some light ribbing. Learn to laugh at yourself a bit; if you can't from a cartoon show, you won't be able to handle it well IRL. [/bq]
Directly referencing very specific complaints about the show is a little bit beyond "light ribbing", I'd say. Especially when some of those complaints were pretty valid, like pointing out how Fluttershy kept having episode after episode about learning to be less shy, and that lesson didn't seem to stick until six seasons into the show.

And it's not just this episode, but the fandom as a whole, expressing this anti-criticism sentiment, that rubs me the wrong way. I've had people scream at me to "_leave the fandom if you hate the show so much_", in response to me saying that I didn't like an episode.

So yes, of course I'm going to not like an episode that seems to openly embrace the anti-criticism mindset that I've seen around here for years, portraying critics as whiny babies that cry over everything in un-constructive ways.
No reason given
Edited by Background Pony #B776