Viewing last 25 versions of post by Spinny in topic Season 7 Episode Discussion [Speculation, Discussion, Spoilers] (SPOILER YOUR LEAKS)

Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
(sigh)

(was hoping season 7 would be the last)

For crying out loud, man, I really don't want this show to turn into Spongebob. At this point, I'm just not seeing what they can do to keep it from becoming stale and derivative, especially now that the mane six are probably about as wrapped up as they're going to get and have minimal room for further development. I mean, consider Applejack's "Day" Off, for instance. This episode was greatly disliked among the fandom, and part of the reason for that is because it acted as though it was developing Applejack's character when it really wasn't. We had never seen her work so stupidly in any episode before, so the episode pretty much just introduced a flaw for her which she overcome in the very same episode. I kinda can't help but see us getting more episodes of this nature in the future because the writers aren't sure how to further develop the mane six.

Unless Guardians of Harmony changes the format of the show completely, or brand new characters are introduced to replace the mane six, I really just don't know.
No reason given
Edited by Spinny
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
(sigh)

(was hoping season 7 would be the last)

For crying out loud, man, I really don't want this show to turn into Spongebob. At this point, I'm just not seeing what they can do to keep it from becoming stale and derivative, especially now that the mane six are probably about as wrapped up as they're going to get and have minimal room for further development. I mean, consider Applejack's "Day" Off, for instance. This episode was greatly disliked among the fandom, and part of the reason for that is because it acted as though it was developing Applejack's character when it really wasn't. We had never seen her work so stupidly in any episode before, so the episode pretty much just introduced a flaw for her which she overcome in the very same episode. I kinda can't help but see us getting more episodes of this nature in the future.

Unless Guardians of Harmony changes the format of the show completely, or brand new characters are introduced to replace the mane six, I really just don't know.
No reason given
Edited by Spinny