Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Scootaloo being disabled

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"[@DarkyBoode32":](/forums/pony/topics/scootaloo-being-disabled?post_id=4901158#post_4901158

[bq]
)

>
and my argument on this is now over with.[/bq]

...unironically using the word "brainwashed" to describe what Scootaloo was doing is just... well... huh.

Lightning Dust did *_**nothing_*** to manipulate Scootaloo's inherent feelings about "will I fly," Rainbow Dash drew Scootaloo's ire by being "[unintentionally insensitive.":](https://youtu.be/79oz_ClLmf8

[bq]
)

> *
*Rainbow Dash**: Uh... Heh. Sorry that was a little... intense. I just wanna make sure you don't get hurt. That way, you can follow in my hoofsteps. Heh. Everypony's dream, right?

> *
*Scootaloo**: More like "follow your wingflaps".

> *
*Rainbow Dash**: Same difference.

> *
*Scootaloo**: [sarcastically] Thanks, super-talented flyer, for clearing up what _*I_* should do.[/bq]

If you have a counterargument _*showing_* something Lightning Dust said about Scootaloo's flightlessness, other than baseless assertions, go right ahead and show me.

I don't see why merely being frustrated with Rainbow Dash would affect that thought process, if that's the reasoning. I don't think her sense of self is that fragile.

[bq]

>
I quote from Flight To The Finish: “What if my wings never grow? What if I never fly?” -Scootaloo

>
Scootaloo was in the right mindset in that episode but wasn’t when she said the quote you replied with.[/bq]

...You're quoting *__***S4_***__ Scootaloo, which is a _*long time_* for her mind on the matter to change from unsurety (not even _*confidence_* that she would, back in S4), to surety in S8, and while Sweetie Belle has gone from learning to levitate objects in S4, to being able to cast "[Accelero":](/images/1714131) in S8, Scootaloo has made no such progress, to the point that it's prominent, and it's especially notable when _*other pegasi_* around her age can fly, in contrast to how learning magic seems to generally be a less inherent ability for unicorns than flying is for pegasi.

Like it or not, Scootaloo _*most likely_* came to that conclusion by S8 on her own, that it wouldn't happen, to argue otherwise is infantilizing her, and GUIHTD reinforced that (unless you're grasping for straws; she was physically aged up magically, and to take it any other way than face value is unfounded headcanon... also, if you "_[*listen_* to their voices during that episode,":](https://youtu.be/2_lD4rAqCPg) you'll notice they're _*not artificially pitched up_*, when they're aged up, all three of them, in contrast to how they usually are, so that earlier argument is _*invalid_*, about how _*"her voice was the same, so the same argument could be said about her wings"_*), as did The Last Problem (which did happen, contrary to your delusions), and a character's "normal" can change, as was the whole _*point_* of, for one episode of many, Forever Filly.

And even if Scootaloo _*did_* ever fly under her own power, no glider or something to offset her issues (she'd make good speed with one of those, with her propulsion strength), it'd be really, _*really_* unlikely for her to be anything other than below-average, if not in the bottom ten percentile. I just don't see any other way around it.

There's probably a symbolic reason Scootaloo's "[associated":](/images/1218526) with "[chickens":](/images/1218533)
Reason: tried to fix tone a bit to start out, minor edits
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@DarkyBoode32":/forums/pony/topics/scootaloo-being-disabled?post_id=4901158#post_4901158

[bq]and my argument on this is now over with.[/bq]

...unironically using the word "brainwashed" to describe what Scootaloo was doing is just... well... huh.

Lightning Dust did *_nothing_* to manipulate Scootaloo's inherent feelings about "will I fly," Rainbow Dash drew Scootaloo's ire by being "unintentionally insensitive.":https://youtu.be/79oz_ClLmf8

[bq]*Rainbow Dash*: Uh... Heh. Sorry that was a little... intense. I just wanna make sure you don't get hurt. That way, you can follow in my hoofsteps. Heh. Everypony's dream, right?
*Scootaloo*: More like "follow your wingflaps".
*Rainbow Dash*: Same difference.
*Scootaloo*: [sarcastically] Thanks, super-talented flyer, for clearing up what _I_ should do.[/bq]

If you have a counterargument _showing_ something Lightning Dust said about Scootaloo flightlessness, other than baseless assertions, go right ahead and show me.

I don't see why merely being frustrated with Rainbow Dash would affect that thought process, if that's the reasoning. I don't think her sense of self is that fragile.

[bq]I quote from Flight To The Finish: “What if my wings never grow? What if I never fly?” -Scootaloo
Scootaloo was in the right mindset in that episode but wasn’t when she said the quote you replied with.[/bq]

...You're quoting *_S4_* Scootaloo, which is a _long time_ for her mind on the matter to change from unsurety (not even _confidence_ that she would, back in S4), to surety in S8, and while Sweetie Belle has gone from learning to simply levitate objects in S4, to being able to cast "Accelero":/images/1714131 in S8, Scootaloo has made no such progress, to the point that it's prominent, and it's especially notable when _other pegasi_ around her age can fly, in contrast to how learning magic seems to generally be a less inherent ability for unicorns than flying is for pegasi.

Like it or not, Scootaloo _most likely_ came to that conclusion by S8 on her own, that it wouldn't happen, to argue otherwise is infantilizing her, and GUIHTD reinforced that (unless you're grasping for straws; she was physically aged up magically, and to take it any other way than face value is unfounded headcanon... also, if you "_listen_ to their voices during that episode,":https://youtu.be/2_lD4rAqCPg you'll notice they're _not artificially pitched up_, when they're aged up, all three of them, so that earlier argument is _invalid_, about how _"her voice was the same, so the same argument could be said about her wings"_), as did The Last Problem (which did happen, contrary to your delusions), and a character's "normal" can change, as was the whole _point_ of, for one episode of many, Forever Filly.

And even if Scootaloo _did_ ever fly under her own power, no glider or something to offset her issues (she'd make good speed with one of those, with her propulsion strength), it'd be really, _really_ unlikely for her to be anything other than below-average, if not in the bottom ten percentile. I just don't see any other way around it.

There's probably a symbolic reason Scootaloo's "associated":/images/1218526 with "chickens":/images/1218533
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@DarkyBoode32":/forums/pony/topics/scootaloo-being-disabled?post_id=4901158#post_4901158

Lightning Dust did *_nothing_* to manipulate Scootaloo's inherent feelings about "will I fly," Rainbow Dash drew Scootaloo's ire by being "unintentionally insensitive.":https://youtu.be/79oz_ClLmf8

[bq]*Rainbow Dash*: Uh... Heh. Sorry that was a little... intense. I just wanna make sure you don't get hurt. That way, you can follow in my hoofsteps. Heh. Everypony's dream, right?
*Scootaloo*: [sarcastically] Thanks, super-talented flyer, for clearing up what _I_ should do.[/bq]

If you have a counterargument _showing_ something Lightning Dust said about Scootaloo flightlessness, other than baseless assertions, go right ahead and show me.

[bq]I quote from Flight To The Finish: “What if my wings never grow? What if I never fly?” -Scootaloo

...You're quoting *_S4_* Scootaloo, which is a _long time_ for her mind on the matter to change from unsurety (not even _confidence_ that she would, back in S4), to surety in S8, and while Sweetie Belle has gone from learning to simply levitate objects in S4, to being able to cast "Accelero":/images/1714131 in S8, Scootaloo has made no such progress, to the point that it's prominent, and it's especially notable when _other pegasi_ around her age can fly, in contrast to how learning magic seems to generally be a less inherent ability for unicorns than flying is for pegasi.

Like it or not, Scootaloo _most likely_ came to that conclusion by S8 on her own, that it wouldn't happen, to argue otherwise is infantilizing her, and GUIHTD reinforced that (unless you're grasping for straws; she was physically aged up magically, and to take it any other way than face value is unfounded headcanon... also, if you "_listen_ to their voices during that episode,":https://youtu.be/2_lD4rAqCPg you'll notice they're _not artificially pitched up_, when they're aged up, all three of them, so that earlier argument is _invalid_, about how _"her voice was the same, so the same argument could be said about her wings"_), as did The Last Problem (which did happen, contrary to your delusions), and a character's "normal" can change, as was the whole _point_ of, for one episode of many, Forever Filly.

And even if Scootaloo _did_ ever fly under her own power, no glider or something to offset her issues (she'd make good speed with one of those, with her propulsion strength), it'd be really, _really_ unlikely for her to be anything other than below-average, if not in the bottom ten percentile. I just don't see any other way around it.

There's probably a symbolic reason Scootaloo's "associated":/images/1218526 with "chickens":/images/1218533
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fine by me, beca...use unironically using the word "brainwashed" to describe what Scootaloo was doing is just... well... you're showing willful ignorance of how that episode went.

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fine by me, because unironically using the word "brainwashed" to describe what Scootaloo was doing is just... well... you're showing willful ignorance of how that episode went.

I don't see why merely being frustrated with Rainbow Dash would affect that thought process, if that's the reasoning.

Like it or not, Scootaloo _most likely_ came to that conclusion by S8 on her own, that it wouldn't happen, to argue otherwise is infantilizing her, and GUIHTD reinforced that (unless you're grasping for straws; she was physically aged up magically, and to take it any other way than face value is unfounded headcanon... also, if you "_listen_ to their voices during that episode,":https://youtu.be/2_lD4rAqCPg you'll notice they're _not artificially pitched up_, when they're aged up, all three of them, so that earlier argument is _invalid_, about how _"her voice not chwanging,s ther samef, sore ther wingsame argument could be stailld grabout her wings"_), as did The Last Problem (which did happen, contrary to your delusions), and a character's "normal" can change, as was the whole _point_ of, for one episode of many, Forever Filly.

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fine by me, because unironically using the word "brainwashed" to describe what Scootaloo was doing is just... well... you're showing willful ignorance of how that episode went.

I don't see why merely being frustrated with Rainbow Dash would affect that thought process, if that's the reasoning.

Like it or not, Scootaloo _most likely_ came to that conclusion by S8 on her own, that it wouldn't happen, to argue otherwise is infantilizing her, and GUIHTD reinforced that (unless you're grasping for straws; she was physically aged up magically, and to take it any other way than face value is unfounded headcanon... also, if you "_listen_ to their voices during that episode,":https://youtu.be/2_lD4rAqCPg you'll notice they're _not artificially pitched up_, when they're aged up, all three of them, so that earlier argument is invalid, about "her voice not changing, therefore her wings could still grow"), as did The Last Problem (which did happen, contrary to your delusions), and a character's "normal" can change, as was the whole _point_ of, for one episode of many, Forever Filly.

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I don't see why being frustrated with Rainbow Dash would affect that thought process, if that's the reasoning.

Like it or not, Scootaloo _most likely_ came to that conclusion by S8 on her own, that it wouldn't happen, to argue otherwise is infantilizing her, and GUIHTD reinforced that (unless you're grasping for straws; she was physically aged up magically, and to take it any other way than face value is unfounded headcanon... also, if you "_listen_ to their voices during that episode,":https://youtu.be/2_lD4rAqCPg you'll notice they're _not artificially pitched up_, when they're aged up, all three of them, so that earlier argument is invalid, about "her voice not changing, therefore her wings could still grow"), as did The Last Problem (which did happen, contrary to your delusions), and a character's "normal" can change, as was the whole _point_ of, for one episode of many, Forever Filly.

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

...You're quoting *_S4_* Scootaloo, which is a _long time_ for her mind on the matter to change from unsurety (not even _confidence_ that she would, back in S4), to surety in S8, and while Sweetie Belle has gone from first learning to simply levitate objects in S4, to being able to cast "Accelero":/images/1714131 in S8, Scootaloo has made no such progress, to the point that it's prominent, and it's especially notable when _other pegasi_ around her age can fly, in contrast to how learning magic seems to generally be a less inherent ability for unicorns than flying is for pegasi.

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

...You're quoting *_S4_* Scootaloo, which is a _long time_ for her mind on the matter to change from unsurety (not even _confidence_ that she would, back in S4), to surety, and while Sweetie Belle has gone from first learning to levitate objects in S4, to being able to cast "Accelero":/images/1714131 in S8, Scootaloo made no such progress, to the point that it's prominent, and it's especially notable when _other pegasi_ around her age can fly, in contrast to how learning magic seems to generally be a less inherent ability for unicorns than flying is for pegasi.

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

...You're quoting *_S4_* Scootaloo, which is a _long time_ for her mind on the matter to change from unsurety (not even _confidence_ that she would, back in S4), to surety, and while Sweetie Belle has gone from first learning to levitate objects in S4, to being able to cast "Accelero":/images/1714131 in S8, Scootaloo made no such progress, to the point that it's prominent, and it's especially notable when _other pegasi_ around her age can fly, in contrast to how learning magic seems to generally be a less inherent ability for unicorns than flying is for pegasi.

And even if Scootaloo _did_ ever fly under her own power, no glider or something to offset her issues, it'd be really, _really_ unlikely for her to be anything other than below-average, if not in the bottom ten percentile. I just don't see any other way around it.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

...You're quoting *_S4_* Scootaloo, which is a _long time_ for her mind on the matter to change from unsurety (which didn'ot inevolven _confidence_ that she would, back in S4), to surety, and while Sweetie Belle has gone from first learning to levitate objects in S4, to being able to cast "Accelero":/images/1714131 in S8, Scootaloo made no such progress, to the point that it's prominent, and it's especially notable when _other pegasi_ around her age can fly, in contrast to how learning magic seems to generally be a less inherent ability for unicorns than flying is for pegasi.

Like it or not, Scootaloo _most likely_ came to that conclusion by S8 on her own, that it wouldn't happen, to argue otherwise is infantilizing her, and GUIHTD reinforced that (unless you're grasping for straws; she was physically aged up magically, and to take it any other way than face value is unfounded headcanon... also, if you listen to their voices during that episode, you'll notice they're not artificially pitched up when they're aged up, all three of them, so that earlier argument is invalid, about "her voice not changing, therefore her wings could still grow"), as did The Last Problem (which did happen, contrary to your delusions), and a character's "normal" can change, as was the whole _point_ of, for one episode of many, Forever Filly.

And even if Scootaloo _did_ ever fly under her own power, no glider or something to offset her issues, it'd be really, _really_ unlikely for her to be anything other than below-average, if not in the bottom ten percentile. I just don't see any other way around it.
No reason given
Edited by AC97