S4E1=Crystal Heart Spell?

Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Just curious. How likely is it that the first episodes of the new season will be somewhat like the Crystal Heart Spell chapter book? And on that note, how good (or bad) would that be?

Please try to keep things civil here.
DragonRanger
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

I don’t see it happening, at least not a straight-up adaptation. The season premieres have always dealt with some ancient evil threatening present-day Equestria. I don’t see that changing with season 4 just because Twilight’s now a princess.

Besides that, I’m reminded of something involving the Rarity micro comic. It was originally going to have a different story, but Hasbro scrapped the idea because it was too similar to an episode for season 4. Considering when the Crystal Heart Spell book came out, it’s very unlikely that Hasbro would have let it be published if it was just going to be adapted into the season opener.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
Just curious. How likely is it that the first episodes of the new season will be somewhat like the Crystal Heart Spell chapter book? And on that note, how good (or bad) would that be?
Please try to keep things civil here.

Please extrapolate what you mean…for people like me whom haven’t read the book.

Also, what’s with the footer asking us to be civil? I don’t seriously think that a discussion surrounding the S4 opener would raise a shitstorm.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Ebalosus  
I admit, I haven’t read the entire book, but from what I gather, it’s about Twilight and her friends finding a spell to reaffirm Twilight’s confidence in being a leader. There’s the return of Trixie and Gilda, as well as Cadance’s origin, but that’s a very unsatisfying footnote.

I bring this up because a scene from the book is said to resemble the two-second clip from Twilight’s 60 seconds.

As for the footer, well, trust me when I say anything can set people off these days.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@PonyPon

So if I’m interpreting what you said correctly: You want an episode (or three) that focuses on both Twilight’s ascension to new responsibilities, and a look into the origins of Cadance/alicorns?

If that is the case, I’d dig it :)

I disagree with DragonRanger, as I don’t think we need an explicit “We need to stop ‘x’ evil” for an opener to the season. I think that something more introspective and analytical would better service the narrative of the series IMHO; Something alone the lines of Twilight learning from Cadance what being an Alicorn princess may entail for her, thus we the audience get to learn both more about Cadance, and more about alicorns in general (if done well, of course).
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lingering Wyvern
@Ebalosus  
Oh no, I’m just describing what happened. And I’ve no desire for the episode itself. The concept you’ve described is a brilliant one, but doing it like the book would be somewhat unwise.
Background Pony #649C
I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s an adaptation, even if it’s a LOOSE one at most.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide