Proof that Scootaloo can fly

deactivatedfaafba
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Scootaloo is one of my favourite characters from MLP. Many people know her to be an orange Pegasus filly who is one of the cutie mark crusaders and is often associated with her inability to fly. Many people have stated that Scootaloo has a disability of some kind which causes stunted growth in her wings, thus leading to her inability to be airborne. Many people have speculated this theory and some have even deemed it as canon, but I held in jumping to conclusions and believed that Scootaloo would one day be able to take to the skies.  
But did you actually know that Scootaloo did fly in one scene in MLP FiM? People who say that Scootaloo is a disabled Pegasus have missed this, and everybody probably disregarded this scene and didn’t think too much about it, like it was erased from their memory or they probably didn’t see the episode Sleepless In Ponyville. There is one scene in the episode Sleepless In Ponyville when Scootaloo is walking through the forest with Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and the rest of the CMC on a camping trip, then Scootaloo suddenly steps on a stick and is startled which causes her to swiftly fly up and grab onto a cloud that’s floating above. She then loses her grip on the cloud and falls through the ground. Here is a YouTube link of the clip of the episode Sleepless In Ponyville which shows this: https://youtu.be/AY3VxQv6gLU?t=121  
Everybody should now know that Scootaloo has the potential to fly and is clearly isn’t equipped with handicapped wings which prevent her from doing so, as this is indisputable evidence. She flew up after stepping on a stick and getting startled and then grabbed onto a cloud above. Most people probably missed this scene which is how they were able to theorise that Scootaloo can’t fly. But that I knew Scootaloo would be able to fly all along and she probably will learn to be an amazing flyer one day. If anybody has any argument against this evidence I’d love to hear it. But for all I know this is indisputable proof that Scootaloo can fly.
BlueCrystal_78

all she needs is more than average wing strength training.
Bulk biceps is 20 times her size with the same size wigs and he can still fly fairly well (although it takes a lot of conservation for him)
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@BlueCrystal_78
Plus “Flight to the Finish” had her come close enough to flight that it’s fairly plausible that some extra training could get her going.
Or for that matter a glider (such as the one from the comic that got an earth pony into the Wonderbolts), or a pair of prosthetic wings. Though if there’s any hope of her flying naturally, it would make sense for her to pursue that before relying on technology (which is pretty much only logical explanation for why she never bothered to look into any of that in canon).
Latecomer

@DoctorWTF
The Sombra future does suggest that artificial wings have either been invented or soon will be. On the other wing, Rainbow was a functional flyer to begin with, and Scootaloo’s problem isn’t that she’s missing a wing…
A glider might well be her best shot, even if it’s not quite flight exactly. Whether that will satisfy her, I don’t know.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DoctorWTF
The Sombra future does suggest that artificial wings have either been invented or soon will be. On the other wing, Rainbow was a functional flyer to begin with, and Scootaloo’s problem isn’t that she’s missing a wing…
As an adult, she could wear normal-size prosthetic wings over her foal-size wings, which could work considering that she doesn’t appear to need that much extra lift.
A glider might well be her best shot, even if it’s not quite flight exactly. Whether that will satisfy her, I don’t know.
The idea there is for Scootaloo to use the glider for extra lift and combine that with the ample thrust from her own wings. No guarantee she’d get into the Wonderbolts with it, but it would give her the experience of flight she’s been yearning for. If swimming underwater (in the sea pony part of “Surf and/or Turf”) is close enough to flight to light her fire, then there’s no reason she wouldn’t be happy with that.
Or take whatever voodoo powers Tank’s propeller, stick it in a ducted fan, and you have yourself a jetpack.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide